Water Resources Engineer
Location: Montpelier, VT
Stone Environmental, Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic and committed engineer to join our Water Resources Management Group. The successful applicant will work with a group of engaged professionals and a variety of partners, including municipalities, regional conservation organizations, State agencies, and watershed stewardship organizations, to evaluate sites and design and implement a variety of soil-based wastewater disposal and stormwater treatment projects. The preferred applicant will be comfortable supporting a variety of projects ranging from conceptual design and scoping efforts to final design, permitting, and construction management/oversight. The ideal applicant will possess cross-disciplinary experience and a demonstrated ability to apply that experience to the improvement and stewardship of land and water resources across northern New England. Job Responsibilities Work will involve a blend of planning, site assessment, analysis, design calculations and modeling, plan and specification development, and technical report preparation. Office tasks will typically include engineering design calculations, modeling and preparation of engineering drawings, permit documents, construction specifications, and technical reports. Field tasks will typically include topographic surveying, site assessments, soil characterization, and construction oversight. Responsibilities include providing technically sound engineering work, as well as interacting with partners, client representatives, and review agencies. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States. Experience and Education B.S. in Environmental or Civil Engineering, or closely related discipline. 2-10 years of professional experience in civil/environmental engineering, water resources, or hydrogeology sub-disciplines. Salary, position level and responsibilities based on experience. Skills and Competencies To be considered for this position, the following skills are required: General knowledge of engineering principles Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and objectives Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in office and field settings Critical thinking, problem solving, and keen attention to detail Strong organizational skills Strong writing skills Excellent oral and written communication skills Proven experience developing project plans, specifications, construction documents, and technical reports Proficiency with AutoCAD/Civil 3D, HydroCAD, or other modeling tools Knowledge of Vermont water, wastewater, and stormwater regulations Strong interest in water resources and in Vermont's clean water initiatives Legally able to work in the United States (proper documentation required) Valid driver’s license
Staff Scientist - Water Resources Team
Location: Montpelier, VT
Stone Environmental, Inc. is seeking a talented, detail-oriented individual with a background in the physical sciences for a full-time, staff-level position in our Water Resources Management team. The successful applicant will support a group of engaged professionals working in a variety of programs including applied water resources investigations, environmental monitoring, stream and floodplain restoration, stormwater and phosphorus management planning, and soil-based wastewater treatment. Job Responsibilities The person performing this job will be responsible for field data collection; processing, interpreting, and presenting water quality and hydrologic data; maintaining stormwater practice datasets; and preparing high quality technical memoranda and reports. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States. Experience and Education Master's degree in a physical science (e.g., hydrology, geology, soil science, environmental science, or related discipline). One to three years of post-graduate experience in a government, consulting, or scientific position in a relevant field. Required Skills To be considered for this position, the following skills are required: Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in office and field settings Critical thinking, problem solving, and keen attention to detail Strong organizational skills Strong writing skills Ability to manage large environmental and infrastructure datasets Intermediate to advanced data processing skills, including R and MS Excel experience Strong interest in water resources and in Vermont's clean water initiatives Preferred Skills Experience with water monitoring instruments is a plus Experience in stream geomorphic assessment is a plus Experience with post-construction stormwater management practices is a plus Experience with soil-based wastewater systems is a plus Experience with federal and state water quality regulations is a plus Ability to read design plans and complete plan modifications using AutoCAD Civil 3D is a plus. Familiarity with ESRI products, including ArcGIS Online, Field Maps, and Survey123 is a plus.
Location: Montpelier, VT
This position reports to the Agrochemical Fate and Exposure (AgChem) Director of Operations. Position Summary Stone Environmental, a 100% employee-owned science and engineering consulting company, is seeking a friendly and motivated individual to fill a full-time, entry-level staff scientist postion within our AgChem Group. This position supports a wide variety of project types within the group, primarily field studies that are designed to sample the environmental concentrations of pesticides in and around agricultural settings. Attention to detail and quality are key elements of this position. Job Responsibilities The individual performing this job will be responsible for the following functions: Coordinate with project managers and complete tasks as assigned Learn and implement sample collection procedures Troubleshoot, repair, problem-solve mechanical issues in a time-sensitive environment Lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds Learn, observe, and adapt to new procedures, technologies, and circumstances GPS data collection and GIS mapping support Essential Skills The individual performing this job will need these essential skills: Background in Environmental Science, Plant and Soil Science, Agronomy, or related field Basic field science skills or demonstrated aptitude Experience collecting and managing field data Strong written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and editing Critical thinking and problem solving An independent, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented mindset Ability to work as a member of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic setting Capability to work long hours in the field across multiple days while completing physically demanding tasks Ability to travel frequently (4 - 10 weeks per year) during the field season, often on short notice Preferred Skills The following skills are beneficial, but not required: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Experience setting up and operating environmental monitoring equipment Familiarity with field sampling equipment and techniques Knowledge of scientific study design, implementation, and statistical analysis Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations or other quality systems Familiarity with agricultural principles including farming practices and equipment for commodity crops, BMPs, plant health evaluation, and agricultural research methods Data organization and management, statistics, data analysis and visualization Experience or coursework in GIS Experience and Education B.A./B.S. plus demonstrated field experience or coursework in many of the listed skillset areas.
Systems Administrator – Ensure Success
Location: Winooski, VT
This systems administration position works on PCC’s Ensure Success team and focuses on maintaining our clients’ servers and network infrastructure. The position is integral to a dedicated, client-focused technical services team and requires technical expertise coupled with exceptional customer service and communication skills. Job Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and resolve client problems with PCC-provided hardware, operating systems, networks and related product
- Coordinate, schedule and perform server and other network hardware upgrades at client offices and/or remotely
- As required, travel to client offices to install servers, networks, and perform upgrades
- Configure and ship physical servers and network hardware
- Provision and administer cloud-hosted servers on Google Cloud Platform and/or AWS
- Assist in administering warranty contracts on client hardware
- Perform preventative maintenance on client servers and networks
- Assist in receiving and shipping client hardware
- Provide friendly, professional technical support to PCC clients via phone, email, and support tickets
- Support PCC Technical Specialists, handling escalated client tickets when required
- Assist clients in coordinating PCC and third-party vendor activities
- Advise clients in areas such as hardware selection, Internet and wide-area connectivity, remote office installations, and network planning
- Document work activities via help-desk support tickets and PCC’s Tuleap project management application
- Maintain effective technical documentation for our staff and our clients by adding and updating our Intranet Wiki
- Ensure the confidentiality of sensitive and protected information
- Experience as a systems administrator of mission-critical systems
- Experience supporting and maintaining business-class network equipment – firewalls, switches, wireless
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networks and network services (DHCP, DNS, VLANs, etc)
- Desktop support experience and a good working knowledge of Windows and MacOS.
- A collaborative work style and the desire to be part of a team
- Positive, effective, written and verbal communication with clients, coworkers, and leadership
- Appropriate sharing of knowledge and information
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to PCC’s mission and the mission of our clients
- Administration of Linux servers, esp. Red Hat / CentOS / Rocky Linux
- Familiarity with Linux Bash, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Experience with Proxmox virtualization and the ZFS filesystem
- Familiarity with Git version control
Global Sales Support Coordinator
Location: Hinesburg, VT
|Compensation Range: $20-26/hour Commission Eligible This position within the sales department provides sales support to Territory Account Managers of NRG, Business Development Managers and Technical Account Managers. The Sales Support Coordinator manages customers for the sales team in an exciting global market by creating and tracking quotations while making sure that all orders are fulfilled in a timely manner. This person is the first point of contact for new telephone inquiries and emails from customers and prospects. The Sales Support Coordinator reports to the Global Sales Support Manager. This position works in partnership with his or her team to achieve the goals of the Sales department plan that are in line with company values, culture, and philosophies. This position is a steppingstone to grow and develop into international technical sales in the fast-growing renewable energy industry.|
- Bachelors Degree or 3 years equivalent experience and/or training.
- Minimum of 1 year of sales experience preferred.
- Multi-tasking skills are required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven technical aptitude. An understanding of NRGs full product line of sensors, towers and data acquisition systems will be expected.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse domestic and international customer base.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Understanding of SalesForce as primary CRM tool or willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Professional and dependable manner.
- Strong sense of initiative.
- Honesty and accountability.
- Knowledge and experience in shipping and logistics (domestic and international) a plus.
- Ability to speak a foreign language preferably, with emphasis on Spanish.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% annually including international travel. Travel primarily includes trade shows and conferences.
- Work performed in a climate controlled office environment.
- Primarily duties performed in a seated position.
- NRG has a hybrid work from home and office policy.
- Covid-19 Vaccination Required