The VTTA is the voice for technology in Vermont — with a mission to support, promote and grow technology jobs and technology companies in Vermont. We are the only business organization focused solely on Vermont’s technology business sector.
By joining the VTTA you become part of a network of tech-focused Vermont businesses, organizations and individuals. Our members and partners represent some of the leading innovative and growing businesses and entrepreneurs in the state.
Membership in the Vermont Technology Alliance supports your business by:
• Fostering a strong tech economy in Vermont, and awareness of Vermont’s tech businesses
• Connecting you with the broader Vermont tech business sector and potential employees, customers and partners
• Supporting your employee recruitment
• Advocating for your business needs
Here are some benefits of being a VTTA member:
Recruiting – Career Center
The VTTA works to attract a tech workforce to the state. In addition to our work with state government and other partners, a key resource is our Career Center, which promotes job opportunities of VTTA members, with direct links to the listing on their websites. Members’ jobs are posted year-round, at no charge. The Career Center is visited by thousands of candidates throughout the U.S who are exploring career opportunities in Vermont. Many members tell us that qualified candidates have come to them through the center, and that this benefit alone is worth being a member.
The VTTA successfully advocates on behalf of Vermont’s technology business sector for tech-friendly legislation, policies and programs.
• Members are part of an organization that Vermont Legislators, state officials and other leaders turn to for tech business insight, information and advice.
• We stay on top of legislation and regulations that are relevant to Vermont’s technology business sector, keeping the industry’s best interests in mind.
• In addition, a number of our members have helped fund the services of a public affairs firm to represent the VTTA in the Statehouse. By sharing resources, the VTTA is able to provide professional lobbying services for its members with a collective voice at a rate that is a fraction of what each would pay for it on their own.
The VTTA’s efforts have led to the creation of programs such as of the Entrepreneurial Loan Program, economic development marketing, and incentives for tech and other employees to move to Vermont. We also work to prevent policies that could impede the success and growth of Vermont’s tech sector and businesses that depend on tech applications.
Collaboration and Outreach
We collaborate with organizations throughout Vermont, including state and federal government, businesses, non-profit organizations, and schools and colleges to promote and support Vermont’s technology business sector and tech-based careers.
• As a VTTA member, you can plug-in to our network, and we can help find the contact and resources you need.
Events and Networking
We host networking, education and social events that allow you to make contacts and capitalize on partnering opportunities. Examples include our “Let’s Tech Together” sessions, VTTA Tech Conference, the Vermont Tech Jam, and events in partnership with other organizations.
• Our events can give you access to peers, clients, new employees, leaders and decision makers.
• Membership offers opportunities for introductions to build your connections, and expand your network.
• You can build marketing exposure through VTTA sponsorship and advertising opportunities.
We tell the Vermont tech ecosystem story through our contacts with the news media and via our website and communication channels.
• Our monthly newsletter offering our perspective, and tech news, events and other information.
• Ongoing communications via our website, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook channels, which include opportunities to share news and information about your business or organization.
• Our LinkedIn Group has 2000 members from throughout Vermont and the U.S.
• We promote and participate in technology and economic development- focused events and meetings.
• We partner with national tech organizations for information sharing and public policy.
Other Member Benefits
- Free job postings in our Career Center
- Business/organization profile on our website
- Posting of your news, press releases and events on our website and in our newsletter
- Contacts and referrals for business opportunities and media stories
- Connections to other members, government and community contacts
- Discounts on online professional education classes
- Discounts for events and services
- Member-only invitations to career, business, and networking opportunities’
- Exclusive sponsorship and co-marketing opportunities