- This event has passed.
Conference: Essentials of DOD SBIR and STTR Grant Programs
May 12 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Vermont Procurement Technical Assistance Center (VT PTAC) is hosting a conference on the Department of Defense’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs for Vermont businesses and educational institutions involved in Research and Development (R&D) on Thursday, May 12, 2022 in South Burlington.
The SBIR and STTR programs make over $4.3 billion in capital available annually to innovative small companies and the DOD funds half of that. This DOD-focused workshop provides detailed instruction on preparing a proposal to meet the requirements of the DOD, including both technical and commercialization plans, and navigating the submission process.
Presented by DOD’s SBIR/STTR expert Jerry Hollister, this workshop will cover:
- SBIR/STTR program basics and up-to-date information on the DOD program
- An understanding of the differences between DOD components
- Tips on how to identify a topic
- The importance of talking to Technical Points of Contact during the pre-release period
- Writing to meet the reviewers’ expectations
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them, and more!
This event is FREE but preregistration is required. In order to allow as many entities as possible to attend this event, we ask that only three persons per organization register. Continental breakfast and lunch included.