We are looking for an enthusiastic, empathetic, personable, self-driven individual undeterred by the challenges that come with working in a small but growing tech company. Day-to-day tasks can vary significantly; in the morning you could be creating user accounts, documenting standard practices, and working with users to set up a new computer; by the afternoon you could find yourself sifting through event logs and utilizing the command line in an attempt to find out why a client’s network suddenly began dropping connections. If you’re a people person and unafraid of fluctuating technical challenges, you will thrive!
A successful candidate for this position, above all, will closely reflect the values that we have built this company upon: honesty, integrity, and an ambition to continually improve every aspect of our work.
While we seek applicants that have studied computer science of one sort or another, we are primarily interested in a range of qualities and aptitudes that we know shape the right person for this position.
Specifically, these attributes of interest would include aspects such as:
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- An empathetic disposition
- Deep technical aptitude and interest
- Basic level of organization
- Natural curiosity
- A “self-starting” level of motivation and initiative
- A sense of humor
As you can see, we are not looking for just anyone. If you are the right person, we’re happy to train you, guide you, and help you succeed!
If you’re interested, please submit to us your resume, cover letter, and a brief introduction, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
The Specifics of the Job
Support Technician (Burlington, Vermont)
- Collaborate with coworkers, vendors, and work directly with End Users via phone, email, and (occasionally) onsite visits to solve a wide variety of technical issues in Windows and Mac OS X environments.
- Follow up on workstation and server monitoring checks, alerts, patch management, and backups, resolving or escalating as needed.
- Configure user accounts in Active Directory, Office 365 and various applications.
- Build upon, and write new, internal and client-facing documentation.
- Be willing to take ownership of an issue, seeing it through from beginning to end.
- Must be flexible with on-duty hours, as some maintenance activities take place during evenings and/or weekends. There is an On-call rotation. However, we give the flexibility you need to make life happen as we know things come up and we encourage that balance.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are absolutely imperative (previous customer service experience is a plus).
- Experience working in Windows and/or Mac OS X operating systems.
- Basic understanding of how a client/server network functions.
- Basic understanding of printers and print management.
At least 1-3 years of technical experience is definitely preferred. Compensation is negotiable depending on experience. This position will have an opportunity for a flexible remote/in-office work schedule.