The Common Retail Services – Common Core team builds solutions to provide Cox Automotive brands’ common platform components to revolutionize the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. On this team you will have the opportunity to do your best work and lead the digital revolution of the auto industry.
Common Core is building the platform connecting a suite of software solutions and services to help automotive dealers thrive in today’s digital retailing environment. From digital marketing to credit applications and financing, our integrated approach is making buying, selling and shopping for a car more efficient and enjoyable for everyone involved.
Our Engineering professionals are energetic influencers and collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to deeply held Agile values, you’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
The Software Test Engineer II is responsible for a range of testing activities including designing and maintaining test suites, executing test scenarios manually, developing automated testing strategies and implementing them in industry standard testing frameworks. The Software Engineers provide testing expertise and also plays a role in providing advice and guidance and monitoring emerging technologies.
As a member of the Engineering organization, the Software Test Engineer II will serve a critical role on a product development scrum team whose mission is to deliver high quality software that provides real value to our clients. Your primary role on the team is to uphold and improve quality through testing. As a member of a cross-functional, self-organizing, collaborative team, you will also contribute to the codebase and builds. You will be on a team that is responsible for both new product development and feature enhancements of existing products
Technologies we use:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Restful APIs
What You’ll Do:
- Being a passionate and flexible engineer, collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and manage a highly performing and highly available production system
- Consult with developers on software and system design in order to facilitate test automation.
- Develop efficient and thorough sprint test plans. Conduct sprint testing using exploratory, functional test case, and regression (manual and automated) methods
- Develop and reinforce testing methods, procedures for measuring product quality, and determining release readiness
- Collaborate with scrum team developers to develop new features and resolve issues
- Contribute to the success of the scrum team through active and collaborative participation in sprint planning, daily scrums and sprint retrospectives
- Enhance, extend, and maintain test automation libraries and frameworks
- Solve complex automation challenges and work on complex projects with minimal supervision
- Design and develop automated unit, functional, regression and performance test programs or scripts based on libraries of reusable test code modules or functions
- Work with scrum teams to establish and promote best practices, standards and processes for automation testing
- Help build and maintain our applications in your team’s environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 3 years of working experience in a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) environment or a Master’s degree in Computer Science with 2 years of working experience in a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) environment or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience of 7 years
What We Look For:
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as Java, .NET, C++ or Python
- Working experience in micro services architecture and testing restful API’s
- Working knowledge of performance test strategies on web or mobile applications
- Working knowledge of automated testing frameworks
- Understanding of agile QA concepts, practices, processes and tools
- A passion for delivering high quality products to clients
- Excellent communication, time management, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Must be a self-starter, outstanding team player, and results-oriented with a strong desire to learn and grow technically as a member of a scrum team
- Expresses the willingness to learn new things and challenge themselves
- Expresses the capability and desire to help others learn and grow