Union Street Media
Union Street Media is looking for a talented and motivated Software Architect to join our team. Union Street Media is the top real estate digital marketing firm in the country, providing custom digital marketing solutions and high-performing websites for independent-minded brokerages throughout the U.S.
As a key member of our Engineering department, the Software Architect is responsible for designing, developing, and creating detailed blueprints to address complex business issues, and providing technical leadership within the department. The Software Architect is also responsible for providing direction to teams building high-quality software systems. The Software Architect will have ownership over the technical approach to crafting software though may not serve directly on or lead an Engineering team. The Software Architect is responsible for directing the technical approach that teams use to build software throughout the enterprise, and teams are accountable to following the Architect’s lead.
With a focus on web platform technologies, the Software Architect will work with product management, engineering peers as well as internal and external stakeholders to architect, build and enhance tools like our marketing analytics platform and content management systems. The architect will also play a key role in new product research and development. The Architect should have experience building and maintaining cloud-hosted software built with AWS services and should have extensive experience with technical SEO, website performance and analytics
Union Street Media fosters professional growth. Full-time remote/telecommute workers will be considered, although we welcome our colleagues to join us in our office in beautiful Burlington, VT.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
* Architect, design and build performant software systems
* Run point on AWS infrastructure for cloud-hosted platforms
* Collaborate with peers and engineering teams to evaluate and document reference architectures, patterns and technology selection for cloud application architectures.
* Collaborate with engineering teams to understand how the architecture enables or prevents them from delivering
* Write clean, efficient, and testable code
* Stay up to date on relevant engineering topics, frameworks and architectural best practices
* Advise and mentor team members and other teams
* Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
* Provide guidance through code reviews and have your own code reviewed by your peers
* Work effectively with a cross-functional product team and stakeholders
* Train and mentor other engineers
* Analyze current application portfolios and define an approach for evolving and improving architecture and performance
* Explore pros and cons of architectural options and recommend an implementation approach.
* Create and maintain application architecture diagrams that illustrate current and target state technology stacks and integration/data flows.
* Conduct research and proof of concepts to evaluate enterprise platforms and technologies, investigate vendor offerings and Industry analyst perspectives.
* Create architectural artifacts, snapshots, technical evaluations, vendor assessments and present options and recommended approach.
* Proven experience as a senior-level technologist
* Experience with web-based platforms or content management systems
* Expertise with key web-based topics such as networking, performance tuning, security and technical SEO
* A good understanding of Agile principles
* Ability to work independently
* Excellent organizational skills
* BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree preferred
Get in with a great team:
1. We’re a tenacious team of talented strategists with extensive experience taking real estate businesses to the next level. We’re growing and want you to grow with us!
2. Our vision is to be real estate’s most trusted digital marketing company. We provide custom digital marketing solutions and award-winning websites for real estate professionals that are unique in the industry.
3. Our mission is to connect real estate professionals to their clients through remarkable online experiences that ensure they stand out. Through personalized guidance and innovation, we create relationships that open new doors.
4. At Union Street Media, we believe in independence, in real and genuine relationships, and that real estate agents are the future. Most importantly, at Union Street Media, you’ll have a voice. We value everyone’s opinion and from company-wide goal-setting to crowdsourcing product ideas, collaboration is in our DNA.
Schedule: Position is open immediately. This is a full-time position
To Apply: Email resumes to [email protected]
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer. Leveraging the diversity of our people and sustaining a culture of inclusion is one of the key pillars of our success as a company. Bringing together people with different disciplines, different backgrounds and experiences, different cultures and from different generations makes us a stronger, better organization. Quite simply, creating a culture of inclusion and diversity of thought drives our success.