At Cox, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. Our systems engineers are a key to this success by helping accelerate deliveries and increasing application resilience. Founded on the premise to standardize tooling across a set of teams and to evangelize new technologies and processes, the systems engineers regularly investigate engineering pain-points and then thoughtfully provide scalable solutions.
A perfect candidate is one that likes automating tedious tasks, create safety guards from mistakes being made, prefers simplifying problems instead of overcomplicating things, being proactive instead of reactive, mindfully accepting tech-debt, and, most importantly, working as a team. If this describes you, or you want to hear more, click the Apply button and we look forward to connecting.
At Cox, collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do. Risk-taking is encouraged and we reward great results. Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation
- Drive an end-to-end pipeline process for frequent application, infrastructure, and configuration releases
- Identify technical or process improvement opportunities, and partner with delivery teams to implement them.
- Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including sandbox testing, code reviews, and retrospectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years experience OR 9 years experience equivalent combination of industry-related professional experience and education
- Working experience in analysis, design, and programming
- Agile tools such as Rally, Jira
- Working experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Fundamental knowledge or experience of Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Proven ability to work with team members to deliver projects on deadlines.
- Experience with fast and agile release cycles.
- Above average ability to multi-task and keep multiple threads in progress simultaneously.
- Above average ability to exercise flexibility to quickly change priorities when needed.
- Sufficient level of technical aptitude to effectively communicate with Engineers and draw attention to technical risks or challenges.
- Understand how code is built and constructed into a CI/CD pipeline
- Effectively communicates within Engineering as well as with non-technical teams.
- Able to adjust communication style to communicate with individual Engineers as well as C-level leaders.
- Keeps calm under pressure, maintaining a disciplined approach to communication even in urgent situations.
What We Look For:
- Working experience with Container services such as Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Working experience with Build Tools such as Ant, Maven, Gradle.
- Working experience with Provisioning such as Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Working experience with Config management such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.
- Working experience with Source Management such as GitHub, Bit Bucket, GitLab, etc.
- Working experience with Deploy Artifacts such as Artifactory, Nexus, etc.
- Working experience with CD/CI tools such as Jenkins, Golang, Circle CI, etc.
- Working experience with Monitoring/Instrumentation or Observability tools such as New Relic, Nagios, Splunk, Elk, etc.
- Working experience with AWS Cloud Security, Policy, Configuration, and Security Management tools
- Working experience with APIs and Plug-ins to integrate security tools into established CI/CD pipelines
- Working experience with security automation