As a Senior Software Engineer Consumer Platform – Analytics Product team, you will be a leader on the team that designs and develops robust and scalable analytics processing applications. You will implement data access services that operate with maximum throughput and minimum latency.
You will be an accomplished, well-rounded developer with a solid understanding of the appropriate use of best practices and frameworks for high volume data processing and analytics. You will mentor junior engineers on good software practices. You will be passionate about exploring the use of innovative technologies and techniques and evaluating them for suitability in our environment.
- Design and develop code that consistently adheres to good programming practices
- Design, develop, and maintain high volume Java and Scala based data processing jobs using industry standard tools and frameworks in the Hadoop ecosystem, such as Spark, Kafka, Hive, Impala, Avro, Flume, Oozie, and Sqoop
- Design and maintain schemas in our analytics database
- Write efficient SQL for loading and querying data
- Collaborate with product managers and technologists to solve business problems
- Mentor junior engineers with all aspects of software development
- Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including test driven development, code reviews, and retrospectives
- Maintain Cox Automotive position as an industry leader by exploring innovative technologies, languages, and techniques in the rapidly evolving world of high volume data processing
Technologies We Use:
- Amazon: AWS SDK, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, and AWS cloud-native architectures
- DevOps Tools: NewRelic, Jenkins, Grafana, PagerDuty, Terraform, GitHub
What We Look For:
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Team contributor to active discussion, meetings.
- Solid listening skills, ability to be flexible and open minded to all ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to working in an Agile environment and upholding its principles
- Passionate technologists with an innovative mindset
- Strong Java skills
- Experience with designing and implementing high volume data processing jobs is a plus
- Working knowledge of Spark in Hadoop is a plus
- Strong database development skills, including advanced SQL, relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Experience with AWS technologies are preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an understanding of common mathematical principles used in statistical analysis
- Proven ability to work independently designing, developing and deploying solutions with minimal direction
- Experience designing and developing platform level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 5+ years of professional application development experience with a proven ability to deliver projects on time