Cox Automotive is seeking a Senior Business Operations Analyst to join our Product & Engineering Operations team. As a Sr. Business Operations Analyst, you will be an important member of our team, supporting the engineering operations team in building, implementing, and evolving the operational strategies, programs, resource management and processes key to the Product and Engineering organizations’ ability to prioritize and execute on leadership objectives. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, fast-paced, hard-working and leads with a data-driven and process improvement mindset.
The Sr Business Operations Analyst will have hands-on experience working with, interpreting, and improving upon data and processes, modeling, summarizing, and presenting to leadership, and working with peers and boundary partners across the organization to continually refine and improve resource management, reporting and operational processes.
Resource and Capacity Management:
- Charged with constantly maintaining resourcing / capacity data, while working to find systematic process improvements to enrich the data with the best information available. Requires working across multiple data sets, understanding data sources, assessing data limitations and opportunities, and summarizing (and then executing) on recommendations for continuous data cleanliness.
- Utilizes aforementioned data sets to conduct thorough analysis, seeking answers to questions posed and challenging oneself to identify opportunities for data analysis that would drive meaningful organizational impact.
- Transforms the data into usable information and meaningful insights for organizational leaders and partners, while utilizing Power Apps/PowerBI or other visualization reporting tools.
- Develops new reporting tool for managers to clearly understand approved resourcing on a self-service, almost real-time basis.
- Is comfortable working autonomously, but also will build partnerships across the organization to help execute on the activities to operationalize decisions made.
- Develops ad hoc analysis and presentations to enable decision making based on trusted data sets.
- Assists in executing on process improvements to drive strategic objectives and evolve the organizational processes resulting in increased effectiveness, efficiency, and engagement.
- Acts as eyes and ears to assist in proactively engaging the organization to identify improvement opportunities.
- Partners across the Cox Automotive Product Group (CAPG) to drive change and operational improvements.
- Helps drive engagement and accountability in Workforce Management and hiring data cleanliness and timely updates.
Technology We Use:
- Microsoft Office Applications with a heavy focus on advanced Excel, PowerBI, and Power Automate
- ServiceNow platform for Workforce Management, Hiring approvals and other key data sets
- Workforce Logiq Vendor Management System
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Data or Computer Science or related field and up to 5+ years experience OR MS up to 2+ years experience OR 9 years experience of equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Work experience interpreting, analysing, editing, managing, and evolving large scale data sets to achieve business requests and drive decision making
- Work experience (2+ years) conducting both quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial modelling using Advanced Excel and BI skills
- Working experience with data analysis and reporting tools (2+ years)
- Strong analytical thinker
- Experience as a trusted business partner and reliable teammate
- Communicates well and manages time and assignments effectively
- Engaged, driven and dependable
- Meets deadlines in advance
- Experience with Microsoft Power platform (PowerBI, PowerApps, etc.) is desired
- Experience with OBIEE reporting, Service Now, or Apptio platform is a plus
- Other duties as needed or required
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.