Davis & Hodgdon Associates CPAs
The seasonal intake coordinator at Davis & Hodgdon serves in a strong customer service role focusing on communicating and processing individual tax return clients regarding the collection of tax information for individual clients. This position may also provide support to the Client Relations Team by providing additional support to ensure an efficient tax season.
- Part time (flexible hours) for training in late -December though mid-January.
- 40 hours per week February 2023 through mid -April 2023
- Effectively document work and progress through assignments in a timely, organized manner.
- Develop a clear understanding of our tax return processing system to include the Davis & Hodgdon CPA (DHCPA) production guide and applicable software.
- For individual tax clients:
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle concurrent priorities while staying focused on the details
- Strong analytical skills
- Independently driven while also able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Serve as a liaison between individual clients, our Accountants, and the Client Relations Team.
- Establish themselves as the primary TaxCaddy Home – TaxCaddy contact Clients and staff.
- Develop an understanding of when standard IRS tax forms and when they are not applicable.
- Primary responsibility for 1040 return triage and all related tasks (organizers, workflow, etc.)
- Monitor the Pending Info for Triage & Triage project queues for 1040 returns: including sending reminders to clients regarding missing information.
- Educate clients on missing information and why it is required to process their tax returns on a timely basis.
- Answer questions from clients that come through the Tax Caddy chat feature.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual must be detail oriented, disciplined, and highly organized.
- Possess strong communication skills and project a professional and relatable image that reflects positively on the Firm as a whole.
- Ability to work effectively in a professional office environment.
- Demonstrated experience learning new software and procedures quickly.