The Contract Specialist acts as the central point of contact on assigned proposals to lead and guide the work of the Bids with the Business team.
Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Reviewing RFQs, RFP’s and RFI’s to ensure compliance with company protocol and standards while creating proposal outlines.
- Preparing Templates and other documents used for collaboration and final response.
- Coordinating kickoff call with members of the Sales, Engineering, and Business Team to ensure that proposals are presented successfully
- Research and gather information to include corporate information, product information, and other standard materials.
- Maintain, augment, and improve library of reusable components, templates, and processes to reduce response time and improve quality on future bids.
- Print, prepare, and ship final RFP’s. Some occasional travel may be required to get a bid in on time.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Knowledge, and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Adobe, Excel, and Outlook, as well as an aptitude to learn and navigate multiple operating systems. Ability to communicate professionally through all types of media with associates, management, and customers exhibiting poise, composure, and confidence when confronting high-pressure situations. Must have strong attention to detail, be well organized, and reliable. Ability to manage many proposals at once, prioritizing work projects to meet or exceed deadlines while keeping involved parties up to date on the status of the project. Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. Knowledge and/or experience with RFPIO (or equivalent software programs) beneficial.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) with a minimum of two (2) years relevant telecom, sales, or contract experience. Three – five (3-5) years relevant experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.