Are you excited about STEM and the field of Engineering? Want to help create a robust pipeline of students going into the engineering fields? VTSU(Vermont Tech) is hiring an Outreach Coordinator to join an exciting engineering bridge pipeline enrichment program exposing Vermonters to science and engineering fields.
Plan, implement and manage an Engineering bridge program through development of activities for middle and high school students, and coordinating a bridge program to preparing incoming and potential students to succeed in VTSU Engineering programs. Hire, train and supervise staff of student STEM ambassadors. Develop and implement program events, facilitate participant applications, and selection; communicating with current and prospective participants and affiliated stakeholders; handling unexpected needs/issues that and contributing to and attending programs and events that help promote the development of a STEM/Engineering pipeline in Vermont. This is a two-year grant funded position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, implement, and manage college and workforce readiness initiatives that bridge the gap from k-12 to college to work.
• Develop education activities to provide students in middle and high school exposure and develops enthusiasm for STEM and Engineering
• Collect and utilize program data to ensure grant objectives are being met.
• Identify opportunities to create new programs and initiatives to support student success and interest in STEM and Engineering.
• Develop partnerships and work closely with faculty and employers to identify opportunities for collaboration.
• Assist with the preparation and coordination of bridge programs in collaboration with campus partners.
• Maintain ongoing, systematic assessment of the program, including direct, indirect, and qualitative measures.
• Organize, train, and support student STEM Ambassadors
• Make outreach and recruitment presentations to school students and other potential groups in the community to help them understand educational opportunities available STEM at VTSU Outreach Coordinator: 1.2024 pg.2
• Provide information to area high school counselors, prospective students, their families, and the public about VTSU STEM programs, degrees and certificates
• Support efforts toward enhancing dual enrollment programs
• Plan and implement Engineering Bridge information sessions and workshops for prospective students and family members, the general public, partner organizations, and the campus community to provide information regarding admission and registration processes.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Direct supervision received from Executive Director of the Center for Workforce and Professional Education.
Bachelor’s degree and at least two years’ administrative and/or project/program management experience in education, or a similar combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
Experience with college access and/or with middle and high school students and families; proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel) and cloud-based collaboration tools (e.g., SharePoint, Teams); working knowledge of social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) and email marketing platforms (e.g., Constant Contact, Mail Chimp).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of college access and opportunity issues
• Knowledge of engineering fields and employment options
• Commitment to developing own professional knowledge and the professional
knowledge of team members regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Strong interpersonal skills and a positive work ethic
• Maintains productive work relationships while considering multiple perspectives
• Detail oriented and organized
• Facilitation skills
• Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with staff, students, parents, faculty, and external contacts.
• Ability to be flexible in a team- orientated environment with professional etiquette and demeanor
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks Outreach Coordinator: 1.2024 pg.3
• Demonstrated ability to support a diverse community and promote diverse perspectives, cultures in an inclusive environment.
Location: Randolph with hybrid work possible