The Senior Network Engineer will provide Layer 2 and 3 expertise, designing the framework to strategically expand our network, while delivering packetized services to carrier and enterprise customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and assess structure and behavior of expanding network systems including interior and exterior routing protocols.
- Author written network Engineering Design Packages including detailed implementation project plans and procedures.
- Collaborate with other operations departments to design approved infrastructure.
- Manage contractors and vendors during implementation phase.
- Provide technical and costing expertise to sales engineering teams during complex network developments.
- Continuously identify, review, and recommend potential opportunities for cost-savings, service quality improvement, and operational efficiency.
- Develop operational strategies such as Service Migration (grooms). End of Life (EOL) management, expansion, and vulnerability mitigation processes.
- Develop Technology roadmaps.
- Serve as the escalation contact during complex outages requiring Layer 3 analysis.
- Develop and assist in developing Reasons for Outages (RFO) and corrective action plans.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in a Service Provider environment utilizing ISIS, OSPF, BGP, and MPLS.
- Experience architecting large scale IP networks and supporting system design as either the lead engineer or as part of a team.
- Experience with design and implementation of large scale/regionalized Route Reflectors.
- Experience with Carrier Ethernet design/deployment, focused on MEF compliant architectures.
- Experience with equipment and vendors such as Adtran NetVanta, Ciena CES, Cyan Z-Series, Telco Systems, Accedian, and Juniper MX Series.
- Thorough knowledge of Engineering Design Package (EDP) creation and execution.
- Proven ability to manage contractors and vendors.
- Functional working knowledge of Linux/Unix OS variants.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- CCNP Service Provider required