As a member of the Leahy Center team, the Manager of CyberRange Services is responsible for the daily operation of the Leahy Center CyberRange team. All of the ancillary tasks related to operating a CyberRange with student labor will be within the purview of this position. Additionally, the Manager of CyberRange Services provides upper-level technical support for complex issues.
This role is responsible for the leadership of the CyberRange staff, providing project management duties, acting as the main point of contact between the CyberRange team and the Leahy Center. The Manager of CyberRange Services reports to the Director of the Leahy Center.
Experience providing an infrastructure with high availability requirements beyond standard business hours is preferred. Knowledge of technology resiliency, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning is essential. Strong candidates have the ability to analyze and resolve problems that may arise during the course of normal operations.
This position is a 1-year temporary position based on external funding.
- Provide advanced-level technical support on issues not resolved by student teams.
- Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms.
- Strategic initiatives.
- Monitor performance of CyberRange systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improvement.
- Manage all invoicing and client-facing work budgets related to CyberRange Services.
- Monitors internal network and performance and health.
- Research and implement.
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Research and recommend new security standards.
- Researches new technologies, strengthens knowledge of existing technologies, and conducts high-level planning for technology platforms and paths.
- Establish policies and procedures for use by the CyberRange team.
- Create and implement policies and procedures for the Security Managed Support Services team.
- Maintain the policies and training required for CyberRange employees to be engaged.
- Hire, schedule, train, and supervise student employees
- Due to grant stipulations, candidates must be current citizens of the United States or lawful permanent residents (Green Card holders).
- 2-5 years of experience working in IT operations.
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Systems Administration, Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies to include, VMWare, Vcenter, ESXi, Vsphere, etc. ? Experience working with Linux.