Vermont Economic Development Authority VEDA
Responsible for assembling documents and creating the borrower file for the Loan Closing Officer prior
to loan closings. Responsible for filing and recording loan documents and uploading loan documents to
the document management software system post-closing.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepare legal file for approved loans to include obtaining existing legal and insurance documents
from Lending Library, searching Secretary of State for entity to ensure entity is active, UCC Search
of Secretary of State, completing all necessary documents for file.
• Assist in maintaining compliance of the loan portfolio.
• File and scan post-closing loan documents to the document management software system.
• Record and file legal collateral lien documents post-closing.
• Assembles, post-closing, necessary loan documents for submission to federal agency guarantor.
• Process loan disbursement requests.
• Assist Loan Closing Officers and administrative staff from other departments.
• Prepare UCC updates for Closing Officer’s review.
• Process incoming mail and forward to appropriate party.
• Store all original documentation to vault.
• Serve as a back-up for reception desk.
• Other administrative duties may be required.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 5-7 years administrative experience preferred; banking/legal setting preferred.
• Ability to maintain high level of accuracy.
• Ability to set and maintain work assignment priorities.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Effective communicator with individuals throughout financial organization and external parties.
• Knowledge of sound, effective administrative techniques.
• Ability to effectively utilize Word, Excel and Outlook applications and ability to learn necessary
accounting and document management software.
• Ability to work effectively within a team and maintain positive attitude.
• Standard office environment.