As a Firmware Engineer at OnLogic you will be part of a team that develops and sustains industrial computing products. As a Firmware Engineer at OnLogic you lead the development of firmware/software coding tasks for the various microcontroller (MCU) applications across our own products including motherboards and expansion cards. You will also support external partners performing BIOS creation for our own computer motherboards. You will engage in projects from the concept phase, through development, prototype build and validation all the way through volume production. We are growing at an incredible pace and we’re looking for a dynamic, and dedicated team member to help us continue to Make It Possible. This full-time position will be located on site in South Burlington, VT.
On an average day, you’ll…
- Work with the product definition and product design team to identify and document the microcontroller firmware requirements.
- Perform MCU bare metal firmware development.
- Perform RTOS porting and development of the device drivers.
- Work with the product definition and product design team to define BIOS specifications.
- Collaborate with external parties in the development of the UEFI BIOS.
- Work with manufacturing to build prototypes for evaluation.
- Validate function of firmware & BIOS on prototypes.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of the company’s development processes.
- Support product certification process including document and issue fixing
- Support product sustainability and customer requirements for SW/FW related issues.
- Track issues and assist with severity assessments, facilitate resolutions and/or appropriate documentation.
- Be aware of end customer impacts and ramifications to the usability experience.
The team you will be joining:
Our Engineering team creates our cutting edge industrial computers by finding innovative solutions on a daily basis. The Engineering team’s success relies on collaboration, creative thinking and a commitment to being at the forefront of technology. Roles on our Engineering team include Electrical, Mechanical, Firmware, Applications, Sustaining and Regulatory.
- Learn more about Life at OnLogic
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of Firmware development experience, preferable in Industry PC industry
- Experience collaborating across multiple engineering disciplines in a leadership capacity, such as mechanical, electrical, firmware and product testing, etc.
- Experience in embedded firmware, and debugging using JTAG based debuggers & logical analyzers.
- Strong background in software design with C, Assembly.
- Experience with version control systems like git and the software development process.
- Experience in embedded firmware, and debugging using JTAG based debuggers & analyzers.
- Background in software design with C and Assembly.
- Understanding of PC hardware architectures, BIOS and Linux.
- Extensive experience with microcontrollers, their architecture and operation.
- Engineering aptitude for electronic/electrical systems.
- Understand schematics for software/hardware integration.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
Who we’re looking for:
A self-motivated person who can work independently and who takes action without being asked. You work best in a high-energy, fast growing industrial computer environment. You like solving problems and you want to learn more. You have experience with design of X86 or ARM based motherboards, ideally for industrial applications.