Cox Automotive is seeking a FP&A Manager with experience working in a successful team environment supporting budget/forecasting activities, long-range planning, and ad hoc financial analysis. A key responsibility of this Manager is supporting our Digital Commerce/Retail Transaction Solutions organization through development and coordination of opportunity analysis and reporting. Other critical components of this role are the ability to translate market performance to impacts on our businesses, to influence other finance and business leaders, and to work in a collaborative team environment leveraging expertise of others on the Retail Solutions & Corporate FP&A teams. Candidates must also have a solid understanding of financial management concepts, complex modeling, accounting procedures, variance analysis, and the ability to analyze large data sets. The candidate is also expected to quickly gain an understanding of our wide portfolio of businesses with application to these responsibilities.
- Consolidation and interpretation of financial results, variance analysis, and key business drivers to identify trends and make recommendations based on risks and opportunities, product profitability, operational efficiencies, and overall financial and strategic alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Assist with the valuation and analysis of month end results, forecasts, and budgets, to better inform business decisions.
- Analyze market dynamics and assess impacts to business performance, strategic direction, and long-range financial plans.
- Coordinate the annual LRP budgeting, budget maintenance, and strategic planning process.
- Partner with Retail Solutions finance leads, Cox Automotive corporate, Hyperion team, and matrix partners to ensure accurate, timely reporting, and continuous process improvement.
- Continuously improve current financial reporting, modeling, and metrics to evolve with the business and product set and better links financial forecasts to internal and external drivers.
- Lead efforts to improve the structure of our analytical tools, data, and processes to enhance the company’s analytic capabilities and understanding of business performance.
- Manage long range plan target modeling with a perspective on benchmarking, industry and consumer trend impacts on business drivers.
- Assist with developing recommendations through analysis for our CFO & Executive Leadership Team, providing financial and operational insights necessary to help manage the company’s financials and support effective decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting and 7+ years of experience in a financial environment or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 7+ years business experience with a strong focus in FP&A.
- MBA preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability with track record of delivering results.
- Demonstration of strong written and verbal communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, persistence and ability to foster productive working relationships.
- Proven ability to prepare and present executive level presentations and insights.
- Self-starter with flexibility and willingness to balance multiple changing priorities and assignments/projects and perform under very tight deadlines.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required, including logical and reference formulas, financial functions, correlation through pivots and logic, and formatting for executive presentations.
- Advanced MS PowerPoint skills preferred.
- Experience with Hyperion Planning, Essbase and Oracle is a strong plus.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Minimal travel may be required.