Chroma Technology Corp.
The Director of Sales leads the operation of the sales and customer service teams at Chroma. This role supports and executes an organizational sales strategy to achieve sales goals, increase sales activities and improve sales-related key performance indicators (KPI’s). This position is responsible for helping to build, develop, and maintain long-lasting customer relationships by understanding customer trends, training sales and customer service staff, and holding the team accountable to consistently meeting new and existing customer needs.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Manages, directs, and coaches the sales team by providing constructive feedback on previous sales activities and aligning individual sales goals with organizational sales strategy in order to meet objectives.
- Manages, directs, and coaches customer service staff to ensure all customer needs are met and ensure customer complaints are resolved constructively.
- Develops and continuously enhances a technical training program to consistently train sales and customer service teams and grow the technical sales aptitude of existing staff.
- Tracks relevant key performance indicators, analyzes results and presents findings to the Executive Team.
- Provides knowledge and hand-on support to customers regarding the organization’s products and services.
- Travels to trade association conventions and meetings to represent Chroma and interact with potential clients.
- Analyzes department budget to identify budget needs and/or reductions, and may allocate operating budget’s funds and approve expenditures.
- Works with all stakeholders to improve the efficiency of the Chroma sales process. Coordinate with different departments and lead improvement projects where necessary to drive continual improvement to better serve our customers and Chroma.
- Research markets to identify product line growth, determine sales forecasts, customer and industry needs, and pricing schedules that will meet company goals and provide input into product research and development; develop pricing strategies to maintain Chroma’s competitive position.
- Partners with the CEO, as needed, to support overseas sales offices.
- Partners with HR, as appropriate, to recruit, hire, and train talent, evaluate employee performance and support employee growth and development.
- Works with the Marketing team to develop and implement marketing initiatives and materials, including web presence.
- Works with the Manufacturing teams to ensure appropriate manufacturing capacity and capabilities.
- Customer Service Team
- OEM Account Managers
- Application Scientists
- Outstanding people management skills and experience; proven ability to lead and drive teams to high performance
- Excellent understanding of customer and market dynamics
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Adept at positioning products against competitors
- Demonstrable experience in sales by developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-directed, detailed and team oriented with ability to multitask
Additional Responsibilities for all Employee Owners:
- Learn and keep yourself informed by asking questions and attending Company meetings, Board meetings, reading corporate emails and communication
- Adopt an entrepreneurial attitude to help ensure the Company’s success; including innovation, customer focus, problem solving, cost containment and commitment to quality
- Adhere to all other responsibilities as defined in the Rights and Responsibilities for All Employee Owners at Chroma Technology found in the Employee Handbook
- Enter data into computer systems and/or produce documents, typically utilizing a computer keyboard
- Close vision for computer work
- Communicate regularly utilizing phone
- Ability to sit and/or stand at work station for extended periods of time
- Chroma is a fast paced, collaborative, high tech manufacturing environment
- Work is performed in a professional office environment with an average noise level
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
● Enter data into computer systems and/or produce documents, typically utilizing a computer keyboard
● Close vision for computer work
● Ability to sit and/or stand at work station for extended periods of time
● Regular, predictable attendance to meet production demands and be available to internal customers
● Ability to communicate with vendors utilizing phone
Required Education, Experience, and Eligibility Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, science, or other relevant field; or equivalent in years of experience
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in technical sales and/or customer service management
- Experience in optics, imaging instrumentation, life sciences, and/or relevant industry strongly preferred
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time
Prospective and/or new employees will be required to comply with Chroma’s COVID vaccination, testing, and face covering requirements. The requirements include proof of at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose before the start of employment and verification of the second dose within 30 days of the start of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to applicable vaccination requirements and must have an approved exemption before the start of their employment. Applicants in need of an exemption due to a sincerely held religious belief or disability should contact [email protected].