The Digital Marketing Specialist will be tasked with becoming the trusted advisor for our clients by using a data driven approach to define business success through increased paid media and SEM/SEM performance.. Contributing to the team you develop deep knowledge of all aspects of digital marketing, particularly with regard to data, web analytics, tag management, search engine optimization, and measurement dashboards. In this role, you will need to understand digital analytics (i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, WebTrends, etc.), implement required tracking via tag management (i.e. Google Tag Manager, Tealium, ADM, etc.). Using measurement frameworks, you will tell a narrative through data and guide activities and prioritization of actions across digital marketing to drive continuous improvement.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Map business and marketing objectives to KPIs and metrics for analysis and potential dashboard creation
- Apply audience and segmentation to digital content to inform what engagement means across channels
- Score and prioritize leads and purchase funnels
- Consult with internal teams and clients to develop, execute, and enhance digital marketing strategies aligned with their business goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement personalization scenarios within multiple content management systems
- Implement tracking via tag management systems defined by internal teams and our clients.
- Understand A/B and multivariate testing and how it can be applied to advertising.
- Develop a system for tracking results and delivering consistent reporting, as well as identifying weak spots early (provided we have a sufficient sample size).
- Understand processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Complete ad-hoc data analysis and present results in a clear manner.
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
- Work with engineering teams to implement and customize digital marketing platforms according to client needs.
- Conduct audits and regular analysis related to SEO, content, analytics, and other agreed-upon aspects with our clients.
- Understand onsite, technical, and offsite SEO best practices (as well as tracking systems).
- Ability to understand client’s business and business needs quickly to create unique innovative solutions to ensure they meet their acquisition, revenue and consumer experience goals
- Participate in new client pitches and new business development initiatives
- Develop POVs , client recommendations and Company Wide Educational Opportunities
- Perform ongoing program and competitive audits
- Be able to have strong technical and strategic SEO skills to ensure clients growth of organic traffic
- Execute tests, collecting and analyzing data, identifying trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROAS in paid campaigns
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Evaluate emerging trends and technologies. Provide thought leadership and insightful POV’s when appropriate
- Develop close relationships with clients and with internal stakeholders
- Participate in developing new business, identify growth opportunities within projects and existing client relationships
- Facilitate meetings, working sessions and workshops with sensitivity to client and team needs
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-8 years of experience in technical marketing platforms (i.e. marketing automation, SEO tool/platforms, social media marketing, pay-per-click advertising, CRM, business intelligence, tag management platforms such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Omniture, etc.)
- 3-5 years’ experience in tag management (i.e. GTM, DTM, Tealium, etc), web analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe, ClickDimensions, etc.), search and technical SEO
- Strong technical acumen and excellent communication and presentation skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills required
- Proven success developing and implementing SEO programs
- Technical SEO experience required
- Able to create and understanding of SEM and how SEO & SEM work together
- Superb communication, presentation and public-speaking skills.
- Eager to continue to learn about emerging analytics technologies and trends and create points of view that can be shared internally and externally
- Paid search or marketing automation experience is a plus
- Personalization planning and implementation experience is a plus
- Experience with marketing automation systems such as Marketo and Eloqua is a plus
- Degree in an analytical/marketing/advertising discipline is ideal but not required
- Certified in Google AdWords Search Advertising is required, additional Google certifications are a plus
- Experience using query languages such as SQL or R is a plus
- Familiarity with content management systems such as Sitecore, Episerver, Sitefinity, etc
- Dashboard development experience with tools such as DataStudio, Power BI, Tableau, etc
- A/B testing experience and exposure with tools such as VWO, Optimizely, or Google Optimize
- Master’s degree in marketing or business
- Prior experience with copywriting
- Prior project and/ or account management experience with a focus in analytics, reporting, digital marketing or creative agency