The Stiller School of Business (SSB), whose mission is “To develop the strengths, integrity, expertise and entrepreneurial mindset of aspiring and innovative professionals to create positive change in their lives, workplaces, communities, and the world,” seeks an energetic practitioner-educator who believes in the aforementioned values and professionally-focused, experiential education to join our faculty in support of our popular Game Production Management program embedded within Champlain’s renown Game Studio Program. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated ability to teach Game Production Management theory and principles including project management methodologies and frameworks (Agile, Scrum, Kanban), team leadership, product management, and related topics
- Industry experience in game production, management, publishing, and/or marketing
The primary responsibility is face-to-face undergraduate instruction in courses as they relate to Game Production Management and Project Management. Small class sizes optimate instructor-student interaction while hands-on activities translate theory into practice. Associated responsibilities include:
- Quality Instruction
- Teach a normal course load (4 courses per semester) based on the ongoing needs of the Game Production Management Program and the Stiller School of Business’ offerings in Project Management
- Student Advising and Mentorship
- Provide guidance and support to Stiller School of Business undergraduates, primarily Game Production Management students, for course planning and registration, career exploration, and professional development
- Curriculum Development
- Work collaboratively with the Game Production Management Program Director and SSB Leadership Team, along with stakeholders across the college, to enhance and increase integration of existing course offerings, particularly Project Management, and explore and develop new curriculum
In addition to these primary responsibilities, this faculty member is expected to contribute to the program, division, and college through:
- Student Recruitment
- Attend recruitment events, assist SSB Leadership Team and the Game Production Management Program Director in coordination of faculty participation, and liaise with institutional marketing and admissions departments to facilitate collaboration with faculty on copy and messaging.
- Professional and Community Engagement
- Work in conjunction with Dean, Institutional Advancement, Career Collaborative, and Alumni Relations to speak at community events, nurture relationships with key stakeholders, and assist in developing internship and employment possibilities
- Ideal candidates will possess sufficient professional experience in the game industry as a Producer, Project Manager, Product Owner, or equivalent.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, however, a relevant graduate degree (or near completion) is preferred.