This role will provide Operational Management services for the Vermont Manufacturing Collaborative. This organizationally critical role spans a broad range of responsibilities including financial management, project management, and marketing. VT-MC exists to provide advanced manufacturing outreach, education, training, and technology development functions for the state of Vermont, surrounding regions, and the US. The Operations Manager role at Vermont Tech campus is essential for VT-MC in scaling services to industry and supporting learners in their skills growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In collaboration with the Executive Director of VT-MC, develop the department’s annual operating budget.
• Aid the Executive Director of VT-MC with program integration, as well as procedural, technical, budget estimates, and financial cost analysis, cost estimating, cost scheduling and financial programming.
• Support the development of high-visibility cost/budget products
• Formulate VT-MC marketing strategies aimed at cultivating and strengthening the department’s brand image and reputation
• Act as an organizational liaison for major department projects and programs
• Provide oversight of budget management and reconciliation.
• Analyze budgeting and accounting reports.
• Provide financial reporting to both external and internal stakeholders.
• Process customer invoicing and payment tracking including sales and use tax delineation.
• Employ a thorough understanding of DOD and IRS Financial Management regulations and policies to ensure adherence and compliance in daily operations.
• Procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies.
• Manage relationships with external suppliers, overseeing the efficient delivery of goods, services, or materials. This includes selecting suppliers, negotiating contracts, monitoring performance, addressing issues, and fostering collaboration to optimize the value and quality of supplied products or services.
• Research and analyze program milestone requirements, identify potential short- and long-range plans covering overall program goals and objectives.
• Lead and/or own major sensitive projects that further VT-MC’s goal of enhancing the department’s customer services and capacity to improve and expand the customer base.
• Manage project timelines from concept to delivery, with a strong focus on design and time/cost management, ensuring a full pipeline of products with an appropriate cadence to meet the demand of our customers.
• Develop and lead learner trainings for various sized teams, small and large.
Example activities include:
Lead effective weekly team prioritization meetings utilizing advanced theory concepts such as Lean practices. Design and host learning sessions to inspire new Learners. Manage on-site training class logistics. Identify and lead continuous improvement projects.
Marketing and Brand Management
• Create and promote VT-MC’s brand, story, and services to accelerate growth.
• Develop and maintain a distinctive brand that fosters a positive customer experience and plays a key role in achieving long-term success.
• Identify new opportunities; oversee all aspects of obtaining information on potential new opportunities, and oversee and/or directly perform proposal preparation, revision, and submission actions.
• Help define the marketing strategy and go-to-market plans for industry services.
• Identify social media platforms to utilize. Create posts in support of the marketing strategy.
• Build and sustain a strong, recognizable brand that resonates with consumers and contributes to long-term success.
• Collect and consolidate customer insights to inform decision-making processes.
• Develop marketing materials and press releases.
Direct supervision received from the Executive Director, Vermont Manufacturing Collaborative.
No supervisory responsibilities but may provide mentorship to team members and program participants.
• An applicable college degree (finance, marketing, management, talent development, engineering, etc) plus 3 years of industry experience or an equivalent level of industry experience.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management including accounting, budget management, and procurement.
• Demonstrated experience providing organizational leadership and successful project implementation through team collaboration.
• Demonstrated experience of strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated experience building a marketing strategy and launching campaigns through various channels including social media.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Accounting principles and practices.
• Laws and regulations governing accounting procedures.
• Budget preparation and management functions.
• Program/project management principles and their impact on accounting systems.
• Professional knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, standards, theory and practices and DOD accounting and budgetary functions.
• Experience with Project Management tools and processes.
• Experience running marketing campaigns.
• Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
• Experience using financial management systems.
• Highly skilled with business software including Excel, Word, Acrobat, etc.
• Effective at building collaborative relationships to accomplish defined goals.
• Skilled with social media outreach and brand development.
• The ability to foster and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
• The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to grow and support a diverse community and an inclusive environment.