Remote Worker Relocation Grant Program Accepting Applications
The New Remote Worker Grant builds upon Vermont’s previous worker relocation incentive programs to attract new residents to the state. This grant offers up to $7,500 in reimbursements for eligible expenses to remote workers who become full-time residents on or after February 1, 2022 and continue to work for an out-of-state employer. The application portal is now live and accepting applications.
An eligible applicant is someone who, on or after February 1, 2022:
- Relocated to Vermont, became a full-time resident
- Is working full time remotely for an out-of-state employer from a home office or coworking space located within VT
- The applicant’s wage equals or exceeds the Vermont livable wage rate, which currently is $13.39 per/hour
- Incurred qualified relocation expenses
- Is subject to Vermont income tax
Qualifying Relocation Expenses
- Closing costs for a primary residence or lease deposit and one month rent,
- Hiring a moving company,
- Renting moving equipment,
- The cost of moving supplies
Incentives are paid out as a reimbursement grant after having relocated to Vermont. Grants are limited and available on a first come first served basis.
Find full details and FAQs at the ThinkVermont Relocation page.