The Ad Platforms & Capabilities team ensures operational supportability and adherence to industry best practices for advertising products produced for Cox Automotive websites, AutoTrader.com and KBB.com. They work with Product, UX and Engineering (via the agile development lifecycle) from ideation and grooming all the way to development, testing and productization. Team members must be well versed in the structure of our websites as well as the product catalog and the coding dependencies required to support them. The Ad Platforms & Capabilities team is also responsible for the configuration and maintenance of our ad stack of software and services essential to the forecasting, fulfillment, billing and reporting of our products.
The Web Development Manager role is a thought leader who works independently to help shape the direction of Cox Automotive (Dealer.com) ad products and custom RFPs, ensuring operational supportability and alignment with business requirements. They are involved with all aspects of the team’s day-to-day operations, ensuring consistency in the work and support provided. The role is responsible for the training and development of the team and educating our business partners around advertising impacts. Also focusing on maintenance of tooling that uses technology and automation to create operational efficiency. They are assigned to larger projects that may not be as defined and require more extensive vetting. Entrusted to make day-to-day decisions on behalf of the team, allowing us to move quickly to keep us moving within the agile product development cycle.
- Leads and advises on complex technical issues impacting our ad products, the ad stack or downstream processes (including data integrity & pitch to cash workflow).
- Empowered to make day-to-day decisions on behalf of the team within the scope of the agile framework.
- Network with internal partners/stakeholders and external vendors to promote a steady flow of information and influence change.
- Define and administer the onboarding and training regimen for the team to ensure consistency and quality.
- Lead cross-functional teams on larger, high-visibility products or ad stack initiatives.
- Continuous innovation through new technology and tools that can optimize site/ad performance, reduce operational complexity to create efficiencies, or add value to the business.
- Perform essential duties within Ad Platforms & Capabilities, including:
- Represent ad product initiatives within agile framework, ensuring that output aligns to best practices, is supported by the ad stack (Yieldex, GAM, Moat, etc.), minimizes 3rd party discrepancy and impact to site performance.
- Provide product to operations support for one-off RFP executions as needed.
- Develop Trafficking Guide and train fulfillment teams during hand-off of new products.
- Configure and maintain products within ad stack aligned to guidelines defined by the business.
- Provide ongoing support to internal stakeholders on utilization of ad stack vendors.
- Maintain requirements for GPT ad tags to support GAM for ad fulfillment.
- Provide UAT on all ad-related stories during deployment cycle.
- Represent ad optimization initiatives within the agile framework led by technology teams.
- Consult with internal stakeholders to vet potential pain points in the fulfilment processes and map out solutions to mitigate.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop, deploy and support defined and ad-hoc reporting using Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio, SSRS, SQL, Excel, Power BI, Tableau Desktop and Snowflake.
- Manage and support daily, weekly and monthly data ingestion, transformation and data refresh cycles.
- Work closely with 3rd party agencies and software vendors to integrate, stage and deliver critical business data sources.
- Manage ETL of 3rd party data into OMS which kicks off the month-end billing process.
- Maintain internal tracking system for all advertising issues, including identification, active resolution, and proactive communication to stakeholders. Intake point for ad-related issues company wide.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 10 years’ experience in a related field
- Experience working with Google Ad Manager (GAM), DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) or equivalent publisher ad server.
- Experience working with Fattail AdBook+, Operative.One or equivalent order management system.
- Experience with SQL, SQL server, SSRS, Power BI
- Comprehensive understanding of publisher-side ad tagging procedures and best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience working within an agile development framework.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.