The VTSU GLOBAL Administrative Assistant coordinates various departmental activities for both NVU Online and VTSU Global Office. This includes but is not limited to tracking and analyzing enrollment information, managing scheduling information, developing and managing communications, and coordinating instructional offers, faculty onboarding, and contract creation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, coordinate and carry out all daily activities/operations related to assigned administrative functions.
- Manage part-time faculty appointment letters, contracts, and onboarding
- Create and maintain Fall, Spring, and Summer semester electronic evaluations
- Coordinate, initiate, prepare, process, and/or monitor a variety of forms, records, schedules, reports, and other documents related to assigned administrative functions
- Ensure timely and accurate completion/review of documents by department/University personnel, students, parents, and/or individuals outside of the University
- Manage departmental expenditures and monitor budget
- Develop, maintain, and execute a calendar for events and communications that happen on a yearly, quarterly, or other routine schedule
- Organize and coordinate various departmental and University activities/events, including arranging for necessary facilities, staffing, scheduling, advertising/promotion, and the like.
- Participate in key departmental planning activities related to assigned functions, with a focus on: compiling background information/data needed for planning purposes; drafting outlines, policies, procedures, schedules, forms, related instructional/promotional material; and the like.
- Execute assigned tasks in a manner that is timely, accurate and efficient.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline, plus at least three years of relevant administrative experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired. Previous experience in organizing and maintaining complex filing and record keeping systems, including experience with computerized information systems.
Experience working in an online operation and/or education environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- General understanding of higher education and/or non-profit organizational structure and administrative operations.
- Excellent planning, administrative, organizational, and research skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent math skills; knowledge related to accounting, budgeting and auditing functions.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality in all matters.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals inside and outside of the university.
- Ability to deal with students, parents, university personnel, and others in a professional, courteous manner.
Location: Any of the five Vermont State campuses (including Vermont Technical); hybrid arrangements may be considered.