Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive brand is currently looking for a User Interface (UI) Engineer II to join our Digital Storefront Experience Engineering team in Burlington, VT.
As a part of the Cox Automotive family, Dealer.com helps automotive dealers thrive in today’s digital retailing environment. Our professionals – technologists, digital strategists, creative designers, customer support experts, and everything in between – deliver a comprehensive suite of digital marketing and operational technology and services to the majority of dealers in the US. We help dealerships optimize their business and help shoppers to shop and buy the way they prefer, through our Dealertrack and Dealer.com branded products.
The Digital Storefront Experience team within Dealer.com Engineering is responsible for managing and executing the strategic priorities for Dealer.com’s Partners and delivering premium-quality solutions against aggressive timelines. The team routinely needs to balance customization against feature enhancement and core product, and often contributes enhancements to the core feature set.
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward remarkable results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you’ll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset. Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities.
As a UI Engineer II, you will work in a collaborative Agile team environment that encourages you to perform at your best and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems.
You will be applying your knowledge of object-oriented design with appropriate use of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability.
Digital Storefront Experience’s teams take pride in their Agile approach of delivering the highest value work to clients. The nature of that work and the technologies used to deliver the value can vary. We are looking for Software Engineers who want to use multiple technologies across our tech stack to help solve the most challenging client requests. Delivering the client value is
- Write testable, readable, maintainable, and efficient code
- Contribute to the development of our CMS platform
- Create custom website templates for large scale clients
- Design user-centric websites based off of User Experience studies
- Collaborate with developer scrum team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
- Provides guidance and mentorship for new team members and share new technical insight to the greater team
- Keep abreast of the latest technologies and techniques within the web development and design fields by working with team members, mentors and by prototyping solutions
Technologies We Use:
- Amazon: AWS SDK, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, and AWS cloud-native architectures
- DevOps Tools: New Relic, SumoLogic, Jenkins, PagerDuty, Terraform, GitHub, MySQL, Solr
What We Look For:
- Ability to develop and deploy solutions, and to deliver projects in a collaborative environment
- An understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling
- Willingness to adapt to Agile development methodologies
- Willingness to work with the technologies we use (examples identified above)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 2-3 years of experience in designing and implementing web development solutions