The User Interface Engineer II is responsible for planning, designing, and producing websites and other screen based digital media solutions. The User Interface Engineer II also plays a role in providing advice and guidance and monitoring emerging trends.
Digital Storefront teams take pride in their Agile approach of delivering the highest value work to clients. The nature of that work and the technologies used to deliver the value can vary. We are looking for Software Engineers who want to use multiple technologies across our tech stack to help solve the most challenging client requests. Delivering the client value is the focus, which requires the ability to work throughout our tech stack and potentially utilizing all of the technologies listed below.
Technologies We Use:
- Amazon Web Services: ECS, ALB, S3, DynamoDB, and more
- DevOps Tools: New Relic, SumoLogic, Jenkins, LaunchDarkly, PagerDuty, Terraform, GitHub Enterprise
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Product Management to understand the challenges that end users face and partner with customers to design viable front-end solutions
- Provide input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning for front-end solutions
- Design, create, develop, and maintain dynamic user interface templates for multiple applications, complete with page-level unit testing
- Architect and implements front-end frameworks to increase development speed-to-market
- Develop dynamic web pages for high-volume, multi-tier, architecture-based applications
- Perform trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products
- Actively work with less experienced user interface engineers to provide technical guidance and oversight
- Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up to date on new web development technologies and best practices, and share insights with others in the organization
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define technology objectives, assess solution options and devise architectural solutions that both achieve strategic business goals and meet operational requirements
- Work with designers, UX specialists, and the product organization to create UI prototypes and production assets
- Capture multi-disciplinary requirements, and translates those requirements into user experiences, prototypes, and final assets
- Plan and cost UI development activities, building in time for iteration, user feedback and design changes, and articulating the costs and benefits of different design approaches
- Design, code, test, iterate on, and document applications and scripts from agreed specifications, using industry-standard tools and practices
- Take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues’ work
- Manage application enhancements to improve business performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of experience or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience of 7+ years in lieu of degree
What We Look For:
- Experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, and client-facing web applications.
- Experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Experience with UX design patterns and visual design elements.
- Willingness to work within Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in analysis, design, and programming
- Experience with appropriate database technology