At EBlock INC, we count on our team to collaborate with various functional areas to continue our pursuit of relentless refinement of our business. We are seeking a Treasury Manager to join the Finance team to establish and lead our Treasury function.
In this position you will be responsible for creating and managing the company’s treasury function, which includes daily cash flow reporting, cash flow forecasting, USD and CAD cash management, investment policy development and compliance reporting.
This role will have an opportunity to create and continue to develop the Treasury function as the organization grows and evolves. This role reports to the Vice President Finance.
What you will do:
- Management of all treasury activities for a US$125M revenue generating business that handles billions of dollars in cash transactions annually.
- Create and maintain Treasury policies and procedures that ensure adequate control over treasury activities and compliance with all SOX requirements.
- Develop and manage short and long-term cash flow forecasting.
- Develop reporting and KPI metrics for key stakeholders.
- Develop cash flow presentations for Board Reviews.
- Develop reporting to provide visibility into investment performance and cash flow activity.
- Proactively engage with Finance colleagues and business partners to identify opportunities for business process improvement.
- Develop reporting capabilities to provide insight into working capital needs and make recommendations for investment allocations.
- Recommend strategies and execute on managing foreign exchange risk (largely USD: CAD).
- Partner with the CFO and VP Finance in maintaining banking relationships to ensure that the Company’s business strategies are well supported.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required. With a minimum 5 years of treasury experience. Treasury experience at a start-up would be an asset.
- Well-developed understanding of the treasury function and business fundamentals
- Strong financial analysis (specific to treasury) and modelling skills, including the ability to develop a financial model from scratch.
- Self-motivated team player with strong ability to interact with others.
- Ability to maintain productivity in a remote work environment.
- Learning agility, intellectual curiosity, and adaptability in assuming new responsibilities and handling unfamiliar material.
- Strong communication skills with a proven track record in building relationships and working in cross-functional collaborative teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
- Effective communication with an ability to lead and influence direction with those outside immediate reporting control.