FirstLight Fiber is seeking an experienced Analyst to join our Telecom Expense Management Team.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Analyst for TEM is responsible to provide Business Optimization and reduction of COGs for Firstlight.
Provide knowledge and expertise of various data as it pertains to vendor circuits and costs. Responsible for managing telecom provider contracts, services and invoices. Utilizing a variety of database tools including but not limited to MSCI LAS, Order Management System, Salesforce, Costguard and Excel to track inventory, invoice validation and validate claims. Researching services (voice, data, data center on the buy and sell side for our Vendors/ partnered Carriers. Tracking and providing reports to assist management with billing and reconciliation. Assist the team as needed while maintaining data integrity and holding conduct to high standards of confidentiality and adhere to restrictions Firstlight deems appropriate on use and storage of data. Responsible for working various projects to achieve financial goals set forth by Management. Reviewing data to evaluate accuracy, categorization and mapping. Collect and process data that include cost saving for Firstlight.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Attention to detail and professional work ethic with can do attitude
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment that also requires strong team work
- Strong Microsoft office knowledge including enhanced level Excel and database tools at intermediate level
- Telecom and technology expense management experience
- Ability to interpret invoices in various formats
- Project Management and tracking including work effort, financial tracking, work task entries, cost savings, process efficiencies, and quality improvements
- Working knowledge of translating contractual commitments to purchase orders, budgets and reconciling to invoices
- Order Management System experience preferred, working knowledge of purchase order process and invoice reconciliation required
- Exposure to, or working knowledge of expenses related to network, voice, and data centers preferred
- Ability to understand and map processes, define, and measure process performance and metric trends
- Must be able to interface with end-user business, technology customers and vendors in an effective and positive manner
Education and Experience:
- Excel and multiple database systems
- Telecom and Technology expense management
- Financial tracking / expense management
- Self-motivator with excellent organization skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and reporting skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred