Are you interested in working in an environment that fosters creativity and innovation? Do you desire to work for a company that encourages growth and new ideas? If so, eDOC Innovations is the right fit for you.
Based in Middlebury, VT, eDOC Innovations is recruiting a Technical Writer with the drive to succeed and the ability to be a productive and positive member of our team. eDOC Innovations is dedicated to becoming the premier provider of Mobile Digital Transaction Management (mDTM) solutions for credit unions. Designed to meet the changing needs of today’s business environment, our software products and systems have been delivering the industry’s foremost adaptive solution at a great price for over 30 years! eDOC provides a competitive salary, benefits including Health and Dental Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401K with company match, Life Insurance, 15 paid days off annually to start, and up to 11 paid federal holidays.
Candidates that are local or willing to relocate will be given preference, exceptional remote candidates will be considered.
Technical writers are responsible for composing and producing documentation for eDOC Innovations products and processes. The technical writer will be required to become familiar with eDOC products and source code (at a high level), and work with subject-matter experts to collect technical information and images and translate that into documents written at an appropriate level of complexity for the intended audience. They will also work with Sales and Marketing writers to contribute to the production of their communications.
- Demonstrated skills explaining computer-related or similar technical information in written form
- Above-average PC software skills, including comfort with editing and creating professional-looking documents in programs such as MS Word and Adobe
- Basic computer programming knowledge preferred, sufficient to examine code and extract relevant information required to complete documentation (under the guidance of a subject matter expert).
- Experience using RoboHelp is preferred
- Excellent attention to detail; strong proofreading and editing skills
- Self-directed, able to take the initiative to improve existing processes and practices as well as complete required tasks
- Two-year degree in a related field or equivalent work experience is required