Open Approach Inc.
Open Approach is Growing Again
Who We Are
We are a client-focused, values-driven company that provides comprehensive technical support for organizations of all sizes and types here in New England and beyond. We support a wide variety of technologies for our clients, and prioritize our clients’ needs and best interests over our own sales numbers. We are a MSP (Managed Services Provider) and deeply care about the success of our clients.
As such, we are not a sales-driven organization. Rather, we let sound and reasonable decision-making drive our bottom line. This translates into long-term relationships with our clients that are rewarding on many levels, not the least of which is a high degree of personal interaction that enhances the enjoyment of our work and our success.
Open Approach is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. The collective sum of the individual differences, innovation, knowledge, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents our culture. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an enthusiastic, empathetic, personable, self-driven individual undeterred by the challenges that come with working in a small but growing tech company. Day to day tasks can vary significantly; in the morning you could be working through alert remediation, documenting standard practices, and complex technical client implementation projects, but by the afternoon you could find yourself architecting DR/SC solutions or troubleshooting storage latency. If you’re enthusiastic about architecting and implementing highly technical solutions, have the people skills to be strategic with our clients, then this could be the fit for you!
A successful candidate for this position will, above all, closely reflect the values that we have built this company upon; honesty, integrity, and an ambition to continually improve every aspect of our work.
If you’re interested, please submit to us your resume, cover letter, and a brief introduction, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Systems Engineer (Burlington, Vermont)
- Collaborate with coworkers, vendors, and work directly with clients via phone, email, and (occasionally) onsite visits to solve a wide variety of engineering technical issues and projects
- Build and administer networks, firewalls, wireless networks
- Help with Office 365 migrations, SharePoint migrations, Intune Management and general complex administration
- Take ownership of an issue, project or architecture/design, seeing it through from beginning to end
- Maintain Active Directory and Group Policy or Azure AD/Intune Configurations and policies, adhering to company and client standards
- Ensure all system or service automated alerts/issues are resolved
- Manage alerts, projects, service tickets and events through enterprise trouble ticketing tools
- Must be flexible with on duty hours as some maintenance activities take place during evenings and/or weekends
- Build upon and write new, internal and client-facing, documentation
- Participate in On-call rotation for critical clients
- Excellent written and verbal skills are imperative (previous Customer Service experience is a plus)
- Have the enterprise level skills and awareness to understand and appreciate change control, proper documentation and communication
- Well-versed with Windows Server, up to and including 2022, Active Directory environments (Active Directory and Group Policy Management, DHCP, and DNS)
- Solid virtualized environment experience (Hyper-V, VMware, and corresponding clustering technologies)
- Knowledge of VDI and/or Session-based desktop design and implementation (Citrix, Microsoft RDS)
- Solid knowledge of LAN and WAN infrastructure
- Security design and best practices for systems and networks
- Coding or scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, or Python)
- Cloud infrastructure design, architecture and administration is a plus (Azure, AWS, Microsoft 365 Business Intune)
At least 5 years of technical experience as an engineer or systems administrator is required. Compensation is commensurate with experience.