The primary responsibility of the Frontline Support Supervisor is the direct supervision and performance management of the team members assigned to their segment. Additional responsibilities include monitoring and reporting on daily/weekly/monthly objectives (eg. service levels, case volume, etc), managing escalations requiring leadership involvement, and working closely with Dealer.com and Cox Automotive clients to resolve outstanding issues.
A Dealer.com supervisor is a mentor and advisor to their team. They not only ensure that their team members are successful in their existing roles, but also encourage and support their team members’ professional growth and development. They demonstrate accountability by accepting responsibility for their actions and decisions and demonstrate a commitment to ethical work standards. Supervisors always act in the best interest of the business and their team members.
We rely on our supervisors to keep daily operations running smoothly with minimal to no supervision. Supervisors are expected to be available to assist our team members during their weekly shift time, scheduled Saturdays, and scheduled after-hours coverage. In addition to the above, the role of a supervisor includes a variety of tasks, projects, and initiatives as assigned by department leadership. It is vital that supervisors are experts in time and deadline management, work prioritization, and coaching team members in the same.
- Leads a team of support analysts, creating and nurturing a high-performance, client-centric culture based on integrity and accountability.
- With Frontline Support Leadership, establishes team goals and ensures execution.
- Monitors, reports, and makes decisions based on regular analysis of case, call, escalation, backlog, and SLA data.
- Examines and analyzes current open cases (backlog) to ensure that client issues are being addressed and resolved effectively and within an appropriate time frame.
- Handles client escalations and reviews client surveys upon completion, taking action when necessary.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cadence of 1:1 meetings with team members to address questions, concerns, performance, and career development ambitions.
- Manages and evaluates employee performance with team manager to include talent reviews and any corrective actions or performance improvement plans.
- Collaborates with colleagues within Support and across DDC and DSS departments to manage client issues and drive continuous improvement.
- Engages with other DSS Support organizations to ensure consistency across all of DSS Support.
- Participates in a weekly “manager on call” rotation to provide leadership support during non-business hours. Departmental leaders are expected to take an on-call rotation every 4-8 weeks.
- TRAVEL: Occasional travel to corporate office and/or dealerships
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)trong leadership skills, enabling the establishment of best practices and optimal performance for individuals and the team.
- Proven track record of leading, motivating, developing, and coaching employees.
- Must be able to handle multiple, competing priorities and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), with strong interpersonal skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to accommodate flexible work hours/schedule.
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems preferred.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize daily work and complete projects with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate high degree of efficiency, organization, and motivation in work habits.
- Possesses an understanding of client retention / satisfaction best practices and demonstrated ability to develop related processes.
- Effective communication and presentation skills; ability to influence others.
- Displays a strong ability to navigate constant change and encourage team members to adapt to and embrace the varying changes we experience.
- Client-focused (internal and external) and demonstrates a service delivery excellence orientation.
- Excellent time management with the ability to multi-task with minimal guidance.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a high-pressure work environment.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a senior level support member with demonstrated leadership experience (internal).
- At least five years client service experience required (external).
- Previous experience in a supervisory role preferred (external).
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred or equivalent experience.