The GIS Fiber Design Supervisor will oversee the production of the GIS Technician team across the FirstLight Fiber network. Oversee the management of the FirstLight Fiber network through database tracking of fiber enclosures, fiber optic cable, conduit, building data, and more. This position will report to the GIS Plant Records Manager, with regular interaction with the Outside Plant Team, GIS Technicians, FirstLight Vendors and Principal Members of Technical Staff.
- Oversees the GIS Technicians on a daily basis, providing guidance, structure and maximizing production from the team in both SiteTracker and non Production (clean up) related tasks. Produces accurate KPI reports for the GIS Plant Records Manager.
- Oversees and assists in the design of routes and splicing (splice plans) for fiber-based services including point to point, Ring, FTTH and path diversity splicing and re-directing, ensuring production goals and SLA’s are met.
- Approves timesheets and PTO and performs annual performance reviews of the GIS Technicians.
- Researches existing databases, files, and records helping guide the GIS Team for purposes of network design, fiber optimization, relocation of fiber facilities, COGS reductions and outages across the network.
- Answers or assists in the research of all Service Order related questions posed by the GIS Team to ensure jobs are being completed all while meeting customer guidelines and requirements for services ordered.
- Ensures the FirstLight Fiber GIS software is working at an optimal level by handling issues identified by the GIS Technicians on his team and/or referring the engagement of Mapcom Support for issues as required.
- Works with the GIS Plant Manager in the identification, research and implementation of possible enhancements to FirstLight Fiber’s GIS Platform with VertiGIS representatives.
- Provides the GIS Fiber Design Engineer with the preliminary design of exhausted network overbuilds and job lists dependent on the required overbuild based on GIS Technician findings.
- Effectively trains the GIS Team and M4 reliant departments as required.
- Works with the GIS Manager to track GIS Technician training and maximize the internal GIS Structure and the advancement of the team within FirstLight Fiber.
- Holds administrator rights and functions in all of the FirstLight Fiber GIS Platforms.
- Monitors the GIS On Call rotation scheduling to include the GIS Technicians and Supervisor in the rotation, always ensuring proper network coverage.