The Strategic Planning Sr Manager at Dealer.com is responsible for supporting successful operations around Cox Automotive’s data syndication for key established enterprise assets for which the Enterprise Data Strategy team is responsible for driving syndication/monetization.
Data Syndication is a key strategic and growing business for Cox Automotive as the breadth and depth of information that Cox Automotive has compiled across our leading automotive brands is un-paralleled. Responsible and strategic data syndication is a key part of Cox Automotive’s growth plans and this resource is a critical member of the team.
Main Responsibilities (high-level):
- Develop and execute permissible use guidelines for key data assets including Kelley Blue Book valuations
- Partner with the Valuation Sales team to vet client’s desired use of our data to ensure it aligns with current strategy and evaluate proposed pricing
- Define and execute governance process with key stakeholders to manage sales opportunities that need further evaluation
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Shepherd the development of permissible use guidelines for Cox Automotive valuations. This includes maintaining the current set of usage guidelines and partnering with stakeholders to regular review and update as we continually evolve our strategy around data syndication.
- Work collaboratively with other Cox Automotive Corporate functions where appropriate such as Legal, Engineering, Accounting etc.
- Partner with the Valuations Sales team to vet potential partner’s desired use cases and ensure it aligns with our permissible use guidelines.
- Define and execute governance processes with key stakeholders to escalate and review exceptions to our standard permissible use cases.
- Evaluate mergers and acquisitions involving data syndication clients and develop point of views for our various business partners
- Contribute to regular refreshes of the Data Syndication Inventory, working with designated contacts across various Cox Automotive businesses to better understand our data partnerships across the enterprise
- BA or BS degree in a related discipline and 8 years’ experience in a related field, (MBA/Master’s Degree preferred); or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- 8+ years of increasing and relevant experience in consulting, process implementation, project/program management and/or related functions
- Strong customer relationship management skills including ability to build relationships while also understanding business context and ensuring data syndication deals are commercially attractive to Cox
- Proven track record of mastered execution and project management/organization skills to progress on several priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated analytical skills and business acumen, evidenced by a proven track record in successfully developing and implementing impactful, practical business/data strategies that have been implemented successfully
- Robust interpersonal and communication skills to effectively navigate complex relationships within a matrixed organization
- Attention to detail, particularly when evaluating contract text, proposed fee structures, and other changes initiated by partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- To be employed in this role, you’ll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.