Stone Environmental Inc.
The successful applicant will provide technical support for a variety of projects involving hazardous site investigation and remediation. This person should be capable of lifting and carrying heavy loads (in excess of 50 lbs) and working in all weather conditions. The position involves travel for field work throughout Vermont. Occasional travel for project outside Vermont will be required.
Work will involve a blend of data collection, including collecting and handling soil, water, and air samples, site assessment field work, surveying, data management, equipment management, report writing, and technical research.
- Personal organization and attention to detail.
- Troubleshooting skills, mechanical aptitude.
- The ability to work as a member of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic setting.
- Interest in environmental, geological, or civil engineering. Experience collecting and field-processing samples of various environmental media would be beneficial for this position.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks independently.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills, including data management.
- Ability to use geographic information systems (GIS)
- Knowledge and experience with various software programs (MS Office suite)
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER or the ability to be trained upon hire.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil or environmental engineering, environmental or geological sciences or closely related discipline.
- Relevant experience in one or more of the technical areas described above.