Resonant Link envisions a world with untethered batteries to electrify the future of work, logistics, transportation, and patient care, enabling a healthier, more sustainable future. Our innovative, world-class team focuses on transforming wireless charging to:
- Power fleets while they work: integrating our fast, wireless chargers into the stops that already exist during fleet operation (think pick stations for robots or loading docks for forklifts).
- Eliminate drivelines and battery replacement surgeries, for patients, forever: integrating our fast, efficient, and tiny wireless chargers into active, implantable medical devices like neurostimulators, pumps, and pacemakers.
As a Staff Power Electronics Engineer, you will be leading some of the most demanding engineering challenges of Resonant Link, working from concept all the way to production. Having a fundamental role in the PE team, you will work closely with the Head of Power Electronics, while guiding and mentoring less experienced members of the team. Moreover, you will often collaborate with members of the Embedded, Mechanical, and Magnetics teams in order to collaboratively solve interdisciplinary issues and all together deliver our world-class wireless chargers to our partners.
On an average day, you’ll..
- Conceptualize never-before-built multi-MHz, multi-kW wireless chargers for the world’s most demanding applications and critical customers.
- Simulate, analyze, and mockup the ac-dc, dc-dc, and dc-rf power electronics that form the wireless link, and consider the ideal system architectures to deliver on hard-to-reach product specifications that our customers demand.
- Interface with our world-leading Magnetics, Embedded, and Mechanical teams to design your power electronics into complete wireless links, with tight collaboration and iteration among our entire Engineering organization.
- Design, prototype, test, and iterate in our laboratory to validate these wireless chargers.
- Align with our Product, Manufacturing, and Sales teams to move the product concepts and prototypes to high-volume production and delivery to our customers.
- Interface directly with industry-leading customers, and own technical presentations, customer milestones, and more to better understand their needs.
- Learn from world-class experts inside and outside the organization, with technical leaders, customers, and partners engaged and accessible every week at Resonant Link.
The team you’ll be joining:
Our core values include our commitments to Deliver on Every Promise and that Together is Better, and we’ve built a team to reflect those. Our team includes engineers with PhDs from Berkeley, Dartmouth, ETH Zurich, Michigan, Stanford, and more and business & technical experience at Tesla, Apple, Dynapower, iRobot, and Harvard Medical School. We are critically reliant on our team members’ ownership, creativity, empathy, rigor, and collaboration to deliver on the promises of wireless charging to transform mission-critical power.
- Demonstrated experience designing, studying, and/or commercializing high-reliability power electronics in demanding applications like automotive & medical devices.
- Hands-on experience simulating, prototyping, validating, and debugging power electronic circuits, preferably some at wide-bandgap switching frequencies (>100 kHz).
- You speak in scaling laws! You demonstrate a fundamental understanding of power electronic circuits, passives, and packaging (including thermals).
- Preferred: understanding of embedded systems.
- Must have up-to-date vaccinations for COVID-19 and use a mask while on-site (mask requirement subject to change as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves)
Who We’re Looking For:
- You have an appetite to continuously learn new things to overcome significant technical obstacles.
- You are an independent problem solver, excited to tackle challenges at the boundary between scientific innovation and productization.
- You find the experience of converting ideas into reality rewarding.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to work at a dynamic startup company where your contributions will have an outsized impact on our products, customers, and culture.
- You’re an empathetic, collaborative, respectful, and honest team member – you know together is always better!