Resonant Link envisions a world with untethered batteries to electrify the future of work, logistics, transportation, and patient care, enabling a healthier, more sustainable future. Our innovative, world-class team focuses on transforming wireless charging to:
- Power fleets while they work: integrating our fast, wireless chargers into the stops that already exist during fleet operation (think pick stations for robots or loading docks for forklifts).
- Eliminate drivelines and battery replacement surgeries, for patients, forever: integrating our fast, efficient, and tiny wireless chargers into active, implantable medical devices like neurostimulators, pumps, and pacemakers.
As a Staff Mechanical Engineer – Mobility at Resonant Link, you will be a technical leader enabling autonomous charging of electric vehicle fleets by tackling the most challenging heat transfer, structural, and integration challenges on Resonant Link’s ground-breaking wireless chargers. Not only will you will own conceptualization and design of critical mechanical sub-systems, but you will work together with Resonant Link’s world class engineering team to assess and solve high-leverage interdisciplinary aspects of our products.
On an average day, you’ll..
- Make key architectural decisions for power-dense wireless chargers for the world’s most demanding applications and critical customers.
- Innovate and apply advance engineering concepts and technical requirements such as thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid-mechanics, vibration, shock, and physical properties data into functional product definition designs, analyses, and tests for packaging power-dense wireless chargers
- Execute the design, analysis, test and assembly using engineering principles and adhering to standards, practices, procedures and product requirements.
- Design and create electromechanical prototypes which can be used to inform and drive design decisions
- Utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and lead others, and have the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals
- Work closely with our world-leading power electronics, magnetics and embedded software team to converge on integration solutions for multiple subsystems.
- Set the standard on technical excellence, and mentor others to follow in your lead
- Manage vendors and production partners to drive delivery of key hardware to schedule and cost
The team you’ll be joining:
Our core values include our commitments to Deliver on Every Promise and that Together is Better, and we’ve built a team to reflect those. Our team includes engineers with PhDs from Berkeley, Dartmouth, ETH Zurich, Michigan, Stanford, and more and business & technical experience at Tesla, Apple, Dynapower, iRobot, and Harvard Medical School. We are critically reliant on our team members’ ownership, creativity, empathy, rigor, and collaboration to deliver on the promises of wireless charging to transform mission-critical power.
- Demonstrated experience designing, studying, and/or commercializing high-reliability power electronics
- Strong thermal, solid mechanics, and fluid mechanics first-principle knowledge.
- Experience leading design, development, and launch of mechanical systems, including sealed enclosures and thermal management systems, from concept through production.
- Proven experience and proficiency using CAD (Creo preferred) to design and document both large and small parts and assemblies
- Ability to perform FEA or other analyses focused on mechanical strength, heat generation and dynamic performance.
- Experience with high-reliability environments, including automotive, and associated reliability, safety, and industry standards
- Must have up-to-date vaccinations for COVID-19 and use a mask when visiting on-site or attending company-sponsored events (mask requirement subject to change as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves)
Who We’re Looking For:
- You operate with empathy, integrity, and a growth mindset, viewing mistakes and challenges as learning opportunities and building upon your successes. You challenge yourself to continuously grow and improve.
- You’re adept at working in a distributed, dynamic environment, and feel comfortable navigating change and ambiguity.
- You’re a collaborative, respectful, and honest team member – you know together is always better!