Perform a key role in the effective and efficient functioning of the Howard Center’s accounting operations. This role supports the monthly close process, performs monthly account and bank reconciliations, and supports other team members, peers, and managers. This is an entry level general accounting role that is the foundation for more advanced accounting positions.
- Reviews, analyzes, and reconciles general ledger accounts
- Prepares monthly journal entries related to various general ledger accounts
- Supports the Agency’s audit functions
- Prepares accounting work papers to support assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Makes recommendations to strengthen internal control structure and improvements to current processes.
- Respond to questions from other team members, peers and managers.
- Completes monthly Bank Reconciliations for collective client representative payee accounts, payroll, and operating accounts.
- One year of general accounting or related field experience
- Must be very proficient in Microsoft Excel and word
- Strong knowledge of GAAP. Goal oriented
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Works efficiently within tight deadlines and priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivated to achieve functional objectives set to high standards