The Sr User Experience Designer at Dealer.com is part of the UX team and works collaboratively with the Product and Engineering delivery teams. This individual draws from a deep understanding of design systems, standards and best practices to innovate and create amazing user experiences for our software solutions. The Designer must think strategically, collaborate across disciplines, be self-driven, and execute with an eye for detail. The ideal candidate enjoys working with other team members to solve complex user/business problems and can easily adapt and grow within a fast-paced and innovative environment. They must have a passion for design, an outstanding set of user experience and product design skills, and a desire to continuously improve and elevate the experiences our customers have with our products.
- Design simple, and engaging and intuitive experiences and interactions, in both web and native/hybrid ecosystems
- Create design deliverables such as wireframes, mockups, user personas, and interactive prototypes.
- Participate in regular design reviews and be ready to clearly rationalize and justify design work
- Create innovative design concepts based on a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives; willingness to try new approaches and iterate
- Consume and contribute back to our design language including applying design resources such as templates, Sketch symbols, icon libraries, reusable app components, style guides, design standards, and brand standards to your work.
- Work in an agile environment providing design communication and assets for the team
- Keep abreast of the latest UX design and technology trends
- Support the overall visual design of products including color palette, typography, iconography, and style
- Leverage user research and usability tests and incorporate the findings into your design decisions
- Estimate effort, plan schedules and manage time effectively
- Obtain buy-in from stakeholders, explaining how your design solution addresses the identify problem/ user need
- Support Agile delivery and respond to day-to-day questions from developers, product managers, and team leads
- Understand technical, business, and time limitations, and design within these constraints
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field and 4+ years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience designing web and mobile apps, 7+ years of general design experience
- Proven expertise in Sketch, Figma, InVision, Marvel or other design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Deep understanding of and experience with the full UX design process including information architecture, app interactions & behaviors, lo-fi wires, high-fidelity mockups, and rapid prototyping.
- Understanding and knowledge of mobile human interface guidelines (Apple’s HIG and Google’s Material Design), current possibilities and limitations of hardware and operating systems, and basic design requirements of a complete mobile app (icon and artwork sizes, necessary screenshots, splash screens, screen resolutions, retina graphics, etc.)
- Proven expertise with modern desktop, mobile and SaaS design
- Experience with designing experiences B2C or B2B
- Strong preference for candidates with an eCommerce background
- Solid understanding of experience design principles and best practices
- Flexibility and openness to feedback from cross-functional team members
- Strong prioritization, planning and time management skills
- Experience with Lean UX, Agile Methodology and Design Thinking
- Confidence and knowledge to assess and solve complex or large scale UX projects
- Ability to balance multiple projects or tasks effectively without close supervision
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think fast and slow and know when to do each.
- Personality, individual flair, and sense of humor to help round out our existing team.
- Portfolio containing examples of digital design solutions and your thought process, success and failures, getting to that outcome.