Union Street Media
At Union Street Media, our strength is the quality with which we deliver leading-edge products and services to our clients, independent minded real estate professionals across the country. We’re proud to set the standard for success in our industry and work to fulfill our mission of being the most trusted company in real estate.
To help us continue our growth, we’re seeking an experienced Solutions Engineer to join our talented team. This role includes assisting the sales team in acquiring new clients and upselling existing clients on new products and services, understanding the technical aspects of Union Street Media products and services and advising others based on their unique needs, compiling information on competitors’ products and suggesting opportunities to improve Union Street Media’s products and services, supporting outbound sales activities, and providing product and service training to clients and USMers.
The Solutions Engineer is a product evangelist, familiar with all technical aspects and functionality of Union Street Media’s products and services, especially our marketing strategies, ad platform functionality, custom web design and development, and third party integrations. This role requires comfort interacting with and presenting to anyone, as well as an innate ability to translate complex concepts so they’re easy to understand and customers are clear on what to expect. Full-time remote/telecommute workers will be considered, although we welcome our colleagues to join us in our office in beautiful Burlington, VT.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as a technical expert to the sales team; provide detailed information about the features and benefits of Union Street Media’s products and services to prospects, customers, partners, and employees.
- Listen to prospective and current customers’ desires and concerns, and recommend solutions that meet their needs.
- Develop and present custom proposals; liaise contracts, scopes of work, and terms and conditions between sales and other departments, as needed.
- Be a product and industry expert; have extensive knowledge of both Union Street Media’s and competitors’ products and services; be able to articulate advantages, match customer needs with solutions, and answer questions.
- Conduct market research, monitor competitive activity, identify customer needs, and share that knowledge with others at Union Street Media.
- Assist the product and marketing teams with specifications and information related to Union Street Media’s and other companies’ products and services; create and help maintain documentation.
- Collaborate with other departments at Union Street Media, such as production, engineering, customer success, and marketing operations to identify opportunities to improve products and services to meet customers’ needs.
- Conduct training sessions as needed, to prospects, customers, partners, and employees.
- Help organize sales visits and/or customer events, including lead generation and knowledge sharing events such as webinars.
- Collaborate with other departments at Union Street Media, such as production, engineering, customer success, and marketing operations to identify opportunities to modify products and services to meet customers’ needs.
- Seek creative solutions to customers’ needs while ensuring Union Street Media achieves both its revenue and profit objectives.
- Prepare detailed presentations that communicate product information, benefits, pricing, and more.
- Explain the technical and functional aspects of a product or service to users. As needed, provide customer and end user training.
- Communicate customer requirements to product management teams and other stakeholders.
- Provide training and support for the sales team.
- Maintain a professional relationship with clients to stay apprised of the challenges they’re facing and incorporate feedback into Union Street Media’s quarterly planning and business objectives.
- Research and create new solutions for potential and current clients.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and trade shows as a Union Street Media product evangelist.
- Motivate others to embrace change.
- Self-motivated person with a passion for all things digital.
- 5+ years of related work experience, preferably in a technical sales, product management, or digital marketing role.
- Creativity to approach sales and build customer relationships in groundbreaking new ways.
- Previous experience in business-to-business (B2B) sales is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of media planning and buying; ability to articulate and recommend digital media strategies, covering paid and organic media.
- Experience managing paid search, display, and social media advertising campaigns is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate articulately both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment, manage multiple concurrent projects, and hit tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Understanding of SEO, HTML, CSS, website design and/or UI/UX is a plus.
- Ability to move between strategy development and tactical execution.
- Negotiation, problem solving, business analysis, and analytical skills; comfortable translating data into actionable strategies and recommendations.
- Positive customer service experience, including managing difficult situations and people.
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to chart a path forward in a changing environment.
- A passion for digital media, emerging trends and best practices.
- A belief in our concept, a strong work ethic, and team mentality.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed (no more than 10% of the time).
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Position is open immediately. This is a full time position.
To Apply: Email resumes to [email protected]
Union Street Media is an equal opportunity employer. Leveraging the diversity of our people and sustaining a culture of inclusion is one of the key pillars of our success as a company. Bringing together people with different disciplines, different backgrounds and experiences, different cultures and from different generations makes us a stronger, better organization. Quite simply, creating a culture of inclusion and diversity of thought drives our success.
To Apply: Email resumes to [email protected]