Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Software Test Engineer II for a full-time position to sit in Mission, KS, Burlington, VT or Atlanta, GA.
The Software Test Engineer is responsible for developing automated testing strategies and implementing them in industry standard testing frameworks. The Software Test Engineer provides automated testing expertise and oversight and plays a role in providing advice and guidance and monitoring of emerging technologies.
- Understands the challenges that delivery and operations teams face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends improvements to testing processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of testing teams and reduce technical debt.
- Owns the testing automation strategy, test data management strategy, and test execution for the delivery team.
- Develops new and maintains existing test automation suites, using the agreed upon test automation framework for all applications that automation currently supports.
- Writes, debugs and executes code used in automated testing efforts.
- Coordinates regression test automation activities across supported applications.
- Defines, implements, and manages processes and “best practices” with regard to automated testing for the team.
- Establishes processes to continually review and select manual test cases for automation test suites.
- Provides metrics on business process and code coverage for automated test suites.
- Presents test results to stakeholders.
- Partners with feature developers and other automation engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
Advice and Guidance
- Actively works with less experienced software test engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Working experience testing with Selenium is required
- Working experience testing with Postman
- Working experience with Cucumber or Gherkin
- Scrum Developers Certification or equivalent
- 2 – 5 years of working experience in test automation
- Working experience with software test tools and processes, building and testing frameworks, and consumer-facing applications and databases
- Working experience with regulatory standards testing processes
- Working experience of scripting and configuration tools
- Working knowledge of delivering products in an engineering, operations, or release role
- Working knowledge of development lifecycle methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile, iterative)
- Working knowledge in analysis, design and programming