|The Software Engineering Manager plays an influential role within NRGs Engineering Department. The position requires critical thinking, tactical planning aptitude, a desire to think strategically, and a continued passion for developing solutions as both an individual contributor and coach. The successful individual will manage and grow a dynamic firmware and software engineering team working on various projects. Software solutions include boot loaders and device drivers to embedded applications, internal and customer-facing utilities, desktop applications, and cloud-hosted solutions.
This role remains current with relevant technology trends and typical software engineering challenges and effectively articulates how they influence NRGs product and technology roadmaps. This position is also responsible for voicing the software disciplines needs and maintaining the software functions overall health, including tools, processes, and our people.
The Software Engineering Manager reports to the Vice President of Engineering and partners with the engineering team to achieve department goals that align with the companys strategic plan. They will embrace and consistently demonstrate the high standards of NRG ethics and core values.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in computer science, software engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in software development
- Strong proficiency with .NET
- Familiarity with C, C++, or additional programming languages, network protocols, or cloud development is a plus
- Demonstrated success applying incremental and iterative development approaches and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to own and drive execution of critical tasks to meet timelines
- Strong leadership style that is inclusive and motivational
- Ability to build lasting cross-functional relationships, including solid influencing and communication skills
- Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands, and technical risks/issues
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently toward timely completion of a variety of assignments
- Demonstrate curiosity and a desire to learn our business, our customers, and new technologies
- Thinks strategically with deliberate objectivity (think outside the box)
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work performed in a climate-controlled office environment
- Primary duties performed in a seated position
- Occasional travel to visit customers, represent NRG at tradeshows and other events, or perform fieldwork