As a Software Engineer II on the Burlington Consumer Platform – Analytics Product team at Dealer.com, you will write and maintain applications and systems to implement new product capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Software Engineer plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to cloud-based platform architecture
- Decide and execute on implementation details for product features
- Collaborate to develop relevant technical strategies, policies, standards, and practices.
- Establish standards and procedures across the technology service lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the areas of systems integration and testing.
- Manage application enhancements to improve business performance.
- Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques, including test driven development, code reviews, and retrospectives
- Maintain Cox Automotive position as an industry leader by exploring innovative technologies, languages, and techniques in the rapidly evolving world.
Technologies We Use:
- Amazon: AWS SDK, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, and AWS cloud-native architectures
- DevOps Tools: NewRelic, Jenkins, Grafana, PagerDuty, Terraform, GitHub
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered).
- 3 years of experience in software development
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional of 7 years in lieu of a degree, or a MS degree in Computer Science with 2 years of development experience
What We Look For:
- Ability to work within a dynamic team committed to excellence
- Commitment to working in an Agile environment and upholding its principles
- Solid listening skills, ability to be flexible and open minded to all ideas
- Team contributor to active discussion, meetings
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design to implementation and support
- Experience with designing and implementing high volume data processing jobs is a plus
- Working knowledge of Spark in Hadoop is a plus
- Strong database development skills, including advanced SQL, relational and NoSQL database technologies is a plus
- Experience with AWS technologies are preferred