As a Software Engineer II at Dealer.com you will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced.
- Develop and optimize data pipelines that support downstream stakeholders such as websites, advertising, data science and data analysts.
- Implement and design custom data streaming applications using technologies like Kafka, AWS, and Scala
- Prioritize and practice the infrastructure as code principle with Terraform and AWS CDK
- Build, deploy and test using CI/CD best practices
- Participate in the exploration and proof of concept of new technologies as they become available to the team
- Collaborate with team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across teams
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization
- Being a passionate and flexible engineer, collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor, and support a highly performing and highly available production system
- Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including test driven development, code reviews, and retrospectives
Technologies We Use:
- AWS cloud native architectures
- DevOps Tools: NewRelic, Jenkins, PagerDuty, Terraform, GitHub, Kubernetes
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 2-4 years of experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, frontend or backend development of client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
What We Look For:
- Ability to work within a dynamic team committed to excellence
- Commitment to working in an Agile environment and upholding its principles
- Solid listening skills, ability to be flexible and open minded to all ideas
- Team contributor and actively engaged in team discussion and problem solving
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support