The Common Retail Services team builds solutions to provide Cox Automotive brands’ common capabilities and shared data to revolutionize the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. On this team, you will have the opportunity to do your best work and lead the digital revolution of the auto industry.
Our Software Engineers at Dealer.com are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
As a Software Engineer you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced.
Technologies we use:
Native AWS Development, Java, Terraform, React, API Management, CI/CD
- Evolve and champion our principles of engineering excellence like adopting a more cloud-first, API-oriented approach to engineering design and building a strong code culture that enables us to scale both operationally and developmentally.
- Design engineering solutions using newer API- or Event-driven architectures with a cloud-first mentality.
- Develop new services using modern cloud tooling like Lambda for serverless or Kubernetes/ECS for Docker container runtimes.
- Create new frontends from web components using tooling in the React/Angular and NodeJS ecosystems.
- Migrate existing components and workloads to our constantly improving architectural and engineering standards.
- Where permitted by law, must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to be considered for U.S. based job. (Reasonable accomodations for medical and religous objections will be considered).
- Collaborate in a modern Agile team by performing code reviews, participating in scrum ceremonies.
- 2+ years of development experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field (or an additional 5 years of broad development experience). Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus.
- Strong Java or.NET skills and object-oriented design experience, including extensive knowledge of the Java or .NET technology platforms, applied use of design patterns and REST, and MCV technologies such as AngularJS or ReactJS.
- Experience delivering software in cloud-based systems is a plus.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions.
- Experience designing and implanting applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures.
- Good understanding of industry development, deployment processes and agile development methodologies desired.
Who We Are