At Dealer.com as a Software Engineer II on a Product team, you will write and maintain code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Software Engineer plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
What You’ll Do:
- Control system design practice within an enterprise or industry architecture.
- Influence industry-based models for the development of new technology applications.
- Develop effective implementation and procurement strategies, consistent with business needs.
- Ensure adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices.
- Establish standards and procedures across the technology service lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them.
- Manage application enhancements to improve business performance.
- Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including test driven development, code reviews, and retrospectives
- Maintain Cox Automotive position as an industry leader by exploring innovative technologies, languages, and techniques in the rapidly evolving world of high volume data processing
Technologies We Use:
- Amazon: AWS SDK, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, and AWS cloud-native architectures
- DevOps Tools: NewRelic, Jenkins, Grafana, PagerDuty, Terraform, GitHub
- 3 years of experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, frontend or backend development of client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems and a BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional of 7 years in lieu of a degree, or a MS degree in Computer Science with 2 years of development experience
What We Look For:
- Ability to work within a dynamic team committed to excellence
- Commitment to working in an Agile environment and upholding its principles
- Solid listening skills, ability to be flexible and open minded to all ideas
- Team contributor to active discussion, meetings
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support