Union Street Media
Union Street Media is looking for an experienced and motivated Software Engineer to join our team. We’re working to grow our brand as real estate’s most trusted digital marketing company by building a suite of cloud-native products and tools to support our growing website and marketing intelligence platforms
About the role
You’ll join a talented and cross-functional team of experienced engineers that own several software systems, all born in the cloud. You’ll make meaningful contributions to our products by developing the functionality needed to support our growing customer base.
With a focus on PaaS systems in the AWS cloud, you’ll learn the real estate domain and how our unique set of data pipelines come together in our marketing analytics platform. You’ll be expected to build software that meets our standards for quality and performance and to help us improve our engineering practices.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have experience building and maintaining cloud-based, event-driven systems built with AWS services such as S3, SQS, Lambda, API Gateway, and DynamoDB, and with CI/CD practices and infrastructure as code (AWS CDK, Serverless Framework, AWS CodePipeline).
You should take a craftsmanship approach to software and have a test-driven mindset. You should always be looking for ways to improve as an engineer and as a team member by supporting your teammates, accepting feedback, and promoting a culture of psychological safety.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design and build performant cloud-based applications
- Run point on AWS infrastructure for cloud-based systems
- Maintain data pipelines and ETL batch jobs from multiple external sources
- Write clean, efficient, and testable code
- Stay up to date on AWS offerings, platform improvements, and emerging cloud-based design patterns
- Advise and mentor team members and other teams on cloud-native best practices
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Provide guidance through code reviews and have your own code reviewed by your peers
- Work effectively with a cross-functional product team and stakeholders
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer
- Expertise in developing software in the AWS cloud
- Understanding of agile principles
- AWS Developer certification or AWS Solutions Architect certification preferred
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and microservices
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree preferred