Dealer.com is currently looking for an experienced Software Engineer I to join our Core Platform Team in Burlington, VT.
This position is remote/work from home and can be located anywhere within the United States.
Who We Are + What We Do:
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take a leading role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our architects are energetic influencers that build world-class solutions that benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do. At Cox Automotive, you’ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and collaborative problem-solving skills while still nurturing your individualism.
Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
As a Software Engineer I you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced.
Technology We Use:
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code
- Design, develop, and maintain web-based applications to enhance performance and reliability of our current applications, both in-house and in the cloud
- Participate in the development of new industry-leading products in analytics, platform, advertising, website platform, and customized professional services solutions
- Design and develop service-oriented architecture solutions, constructing and managing services published to both internal and external consumers, integrating with complex database and third-party components
- Collaborate with developer scrum team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Proficiency in subject matter must be developed. Context and understanding is everything for a developer!
- Compensation includes a base salary of $55,590 – 77,724. Salary may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate’s experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- 1-2 years’ experience in enterprise application development
What We Look For:
- Experience designing and implementing web applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Strong Java skills and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies
- Strong database development skills including a solid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling
- Experience with Spring, Amazon Web Services, and agile development methodologies desired