Cox Automotive (Dealer.com), is seeking a Software Engineer I to join our Consumer Data Sets team.
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take a significant role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our software engineers are part of an energetic team that build world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, you’ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue learning new skills and technologies.
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward remarkable results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you’ll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset.
As a Software Engineer I , you will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced.
- Develop and optimize data pipelines that support downstream stakeholders such as websites, advertising, data science, and data analysts.
- Implement and design custom data streaming applications using technologies like Kafka, AWS, and Scala
- Prioritize and practice the infrastructure as code principle with Terraform and AWS CDK
- Build, deploy and test using CI/CD practices
- Participate in the exploration and POC of new technologies as they become available to the team
- Collaborate with the team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across teams
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization
- Being a passionate and flexible engineer, collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor, and manage a highly performing and highly available production system
Technologies We Use:
- AWS cloud-native architectures
- DevOps Tools: NewRelic, Jenkins, PagerDuty, Terraform, GitHub, Kubernetes
What We Look For:
- Ability to work within a dynamic team committed to excellence
- Commitment to working in an Agile environment and upholding its principles
- Solid listening skills, ability to be flexible and open minded to all ideas
- Engage in active discussion & participate in meetings
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 1–2 years of experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, frontend or backend development of client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems