Green River is looking for experienced engineers to join our team. We are a 30 person web application development company, committed to crafting effective software solutions that promote public health, school improvement, environmental protection, and social justice.
Applicants should have at least 5 years of production web application development experience, and be facile in Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework environments; many of our current projects use Ruby-on-Rails and React.
A typical work day might include:
- Breaking ground on new features to establish patterns or prove out a design
- Designing and implementing backend services for data ingestion
- Performing code reviews to ensure code quality and to mentor team members
- Researching and evaluating new libraries, tools, and frameworks
- Working with DevOps to manage deployments and define hosting requirements
- Providing estimates, dependencies, and timing feedback in collaboration with the project manager
- Designing for and working securely with confidential data subject to HIPAA, GDPR, and other regulations