Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Software Engineer II to join our Vehicle & Website Delivery team in Burlington, VT or Atlanta, GA or Austin, TX or Mission, KS locations.
Our Software Engineers are extraordinarily passionate and driven by technology. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers.
We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working with the agile methodology as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
As a Software Engineer II you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while leading the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will architect, design, and develop robust and scalable server-side software for high-volume transactional web-based applications.
Technology we use:
Java Full Stack, Grails, MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, AWS, Nginx, Apache Solr, Apache Tomcat, Python, Terraform, API Management, CI/CD, New Relic, Jenkins
- Design, develop and maintain framework for web-based applications to enhance the performance and reliability
- Participate in the development of new industry-leading products leveraging the technologies we use
- Design and develop service-oriented architecture solutions that integrating with complex database and third-party components
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers
- Architect, design and develop platform level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions
- Collaborate on developing best practices, code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements
- Analyze and conceive solutions, and develop prototypes for next generation components to extend platform architecture, solve complex business problems and extend business functionality
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 1-2 years of multi-threaded server-side web application development experience
What We Look For:
- Experience with AWS cloud services and their offerings.
- Experience with Akamai Edge Platform and accelerating web applications via a CDN.
- Experience with applications with low-latency SLAs
- Software operations and monitoring, and incident response experience.
- Comfortable on the Linux command line and troubleshooting network issues.
- Understanding of Java application tuning memory optimizations.
- Distributed Systems architectures, micro-services, and high availability.
- Configuration Management such as Puppet, Terraform, Terragrunt, Ansible.
- CI/CD with Jenkins, Spinnaker and/or Argo.
- Container orchestration using Docker. Kubernetes a plus.
- Experience designing, writing, and/or troubleshooting software and systems in a distributed, internet-scale Linux environment.